Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Tingelstad

Default Ashley Tingelstad

I have heard that Ashley Tingelstad is going to be playing basketball for the Bison. Does anyone know if she is still going to run track? The seasons cross for indoor track and basketball, is it possible for her to do both sports?

Default Re: Ashley Tingelstad

Quote Originally Posted by BISONFAN87 View Post
    I have heard that Ashley Tingelstad is going to be playing basketball for the Bison. Does anyone know if she is still going to run track? The seasons cross for indoor track and basketball, is it possible for her to do both sports?
    Track, I think, is unique in that it complements other sports so well. I'm guessing she'll only run outdoor track if she plays basketball.

She will do BOTH

With her 400 times Ryun could bump her up to the 800 and she could be the next Hermanson. Laura's 400 times were very similar to Ashley's. But with her playing basketball they will most likely have her stick with the long sprints. Sue Faus was successful playing basketball and running track so I am sure that Ashley will be just fine.
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 04-30-2009 at 04:46 PM.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bmbollig View Post
    She will do BOTH
    Great speed in the Bison backcourt if she joins the basketball team.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Update on Ashley... she moved into the finals in the 100, 200, and 400 with the best times in the 100 (12.08) and 400 (56.65). She also ran the 200 in sub-25 seconds. Her three times would be borderline top 10 at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Update on Ashley... she moved into the finals in the 100, 200, and 400 with the best times in the 100 (12.08) and 400 (56.65). She also ran the 200 in sub-25 seconds. Her three times would be borderline top 10 at NDSU.
    I know that having Ashley on the basketball team was the main reason she came to NDSU. She REALLY loves basketball and was going to go to a smaller school so she can do both. The 2 coaches involved are working together on this and they will make it work, but this is not the ideal situation for either program.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, Laura Hermanson came to NDSU to run track and also play soccer. Eventually she picked track and it has turned out pretty well for her and for NDSU. Let's hope the same works for Ashley.

Ashley didn't quite sweep the sprints this year. She won the 100 and 400 and took second in the 200... not bad at all

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    I know that having Ashley on the basketball team was the main reason she came to NDSU. She REALLY loves basketball and was going to go to a smaller school so she can do both. The 2 coaches involved are working together on this and they will make it work, but this is not the ideal situation for either program.
    If Tinglestad is on the team, we should have the fastest team we've ever had in women's basketball as Birkel, Trekker and Plucker were track standouts as well. Now we just need that 6'4" post that can sprint the court like a rabbit.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me