Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working on some tailgating items

Default Working on some tailgating items

A while back I saw some NCAA logo branding irons for branding your steaks when grilling. [LINK]

I did a little research and tracked down the contact info for a distributor and asked about the possibility of having NDSU branding irons made. It took a while to get a response but I did finally hear back from them.

Here's some of what was in his email:
    "I apologize for taking a month to answer your request. I decided to do some research into the licensing for schools such as NDSU and check into the available manufacturing of a shorter run. On our current list of available schools, we must order a minimum of 1,000 pieces and our best selling teams such as Texas only sell about 1,500 total annually. So, I needed to find a manufacturer with smaller minimums.

I have secured initial approval for licensing to make an NDSU bbq branding iron. My next obstacle is finding out how to open the channels of distribution in that area. We won't be able to secure a sales rep for one item, so we'll have to go it alone."

Later in the email he states that this will be there first license (since they are just distributors of the others) and asks for help with ideas on who might be interested in selling them. Yes I have contacted scheelsguy already.

So this fall at tailgating when you bite into a juicy steak with a NDSU logo seared into it, just think of the little people who got the ball rolling.

I also won't turn down said juicy steak as a gesture of thanks

Default Re: Working on some tailgating items

Ok I have to ask who is going to be the first crazy tailgaiting drunk that wakes up with Bison Branded on his Arse.

A brand will work as well as a tattoo to join the Holy Order of Bison. Submit pics to bisonmike2, the archcharlatan of the church. Your check will be in the mail.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    A brand will work as well as a tattoo to join the Holy Order of Bison. Submit pics to bisonmike2, the archcharlatan of the church. Your check will be in the mail.
    There is a school in Chico CA called Chico State. Big party school. There football players at one time used to brand the school logo on their lower leg. (ouch) Dont know if they do that anymore.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Ok I have to ask who is going to be the first crazy tailgaiting drunk that wakes up with Bison Branded on his Arse.
    I think we need a Bison iron to get some asses moving on the new arena project!

Oh -but the Arena is a priority "wink wink"

But we can't build it in these financial times, even though a lot of other arena's are either going up or being renovated on campuses across the contry "excuse excuse"

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There is a school in Chico CA called Chico State. Big party school. There football players at one time used to brand the school logo on their lower leg. (ouch) Dont know if they do that anymore.

'USMC's still do that once in a while. Another reason it's good to be a soldier.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    'USMC's still do that once in a while. Another reason it's good to be a soldier.
    And I was under the impression that pinning was the thing to do.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    SD when he passes out before the game then manages to get inside at halftime
    "We All From Africa"

Branding Iron? Hell, I want the whole grill top to be a Bison logo!!! Who will make these for my grill? That's how I roehl!

Last edited by Thundering Herd; 05-06-2009 at 12:54 AM.