Quote Originally Posted by Herd80 View Post
One of the few times my response isn't about Lakes' latest whiny eruption.

Good for USD, just another case of evolution from one division to another in a slightly different form than NDSU, UNI...others who have moved over time. Big time, small time...who gives a rats rear. Strength of teams/universities change over time as well. We'll use NDSU's own football and basketball programs as example of that.

Sooner or later the evolution will include UND, like it or not. My emotional side says let them continue to rot in their own logo excrement...couldn't happen to a better group. My logical side says, ok then. It's been fun watching them flounder, but it won't last forever. Go ahead an move up, then let's get it on. And, they are fully capable of having good teams. History proves this out, and history teaches that nothing in college sports remains static. Again, let's recall our own hyperexcitement over a football program that is suddenly on questionable footing in terms of strength (among other things).

We have no control over what USD or UND does; I for one prefer to expend my fan energy on something more productive than bitching about schools who are moving up...I don't care who they are. A few short years ago, we were in the same boat.
Well said Herd.