Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Mohler and Washington

Default Re: Mohler and Washington

Something to ponder:
    The column last Saturday dealt with the flood problems of NDSU football this spring and how it may or may not affect next fall's record. It also pointed out that talent alone does not make or break a football team and that several other factors play into it.
    I said I couldn't put a single finger on why last year's team, perhaps the most talented under Craig Bohl, finished 6-5. More pro scouts came to NDSU's Pro Day in March than in recent years and the reason was because the Bison probably had more pro prospects than usual.
    Maybe the answer to 6-5 is right in front of our face today. That players continually risk their game days and scholarships is baffling and you can make the argument that their dedication is in question. The athletic director called their actions "selfish" and says they are not getting the message.
    We'll talk about it on the Mike McFeely Show at 1 p.m. today on WDAY-AM 970. You can question the senior leadership. You can question the discipline structure. In fact, you can question a lot of things right now.
    Shamen was also charged with driving without liability insurance.

BRING BACK SNORTY

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I will reserve judgement of Shamen until he gets his day in court. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. As for Mohler multiple offenses should be grounds for dismissal. People, whose opinions I respect, do not have alot of positive things to say about him. Goes to his character. Not an asset to the team.

What a nightmare. I'm gone 2 days and come onto the board to read this recap. This program seems to be spinning out of control with all of these player incidents. What the frick is going on with all of these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    What a nightmare. I'm gone 2 days and come onto the board to read this recap. This program seems to be spinning out of control with all of these player incidents. What the frick is going on with all of these guys?

Izzy,
    Don't, like, go overboard. This kind of stuff happens with young men, dude. It's far from out of control, man.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    I've been researching and found that alot of College towns media doesn't run away with this sort of stuff, I'm not at all saying they shouldn't, but from what I understand it happens more frequently than most think. So here is my question is the Local Fargo media going a little far? we are not the only program this is/has happened to, but I still am not getting light onthese guys they are held to a higher standard
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Shaman is making the California famous thizz face in his picture mug shot thing. Its a song by Mac Dre called the thizzle dance. Shaman and mohler sat next to each other at the police station and shaman was much worse than mohler at that point. Shaman was hammered and dint realize what the hell he got himself into, He was drunk people. I think Mohler has his 2 strikes and hes gonna take things much more seriously, I dont believe he deserves to get the boot. As for shaman, pull his ship, and send him the message that hes a leader who messed up badly he will regret driving drunk and making the thizz face.

If you guys aren't careful you are going to surpass the most undisiplined team in the Midwest, the Iowa Hawkeyes. Some people will do anything to win. Recruit the great athlete/bad student, great athlete/bad reputation, etc. But most do it to win. You guys, just like Iowa, do it and don't win. That leads to the question of who is running the program? The players or the coach? The Hawkeyes have set some sort of record of players being arrested. You guys are just giving our conference a bad rep!

Here is my take on the whole situation, take it for what its worth...

Washington has been in the program, a good, stay out of trouble part of the program for the last 5 years. All it takes is one bad decision for a very solid entire body of work to unravel. Hopefully he will learn from his mistake and become a better man because of it.

Mohler on the other hand, has been on campus for less than a year and he is already in trouble for the 2nd time, and getting worse from the 1st to the 2nd. He has contributed nothing to program other than proving that he is great at getting himself into trouble.

As for the discipline, it is a tough call, and I would hate to be in Bohl's shoes right now, on one hand, giving both of them the boot would send the message loud and clear that it doesn't matter if you are a 6th Yr. Senior or a RS Freshman, if you don't make smart decisions off the field you are as good as gone. I will say it, and I am sure others will disagree, but I don't think Washington should get the boot, for the reasons above. As for Mohler, I have a feeling that his time may be done, but, I would like to see him get his scholarship yanked and a strong suspension, if he goes running back to Cali then everyone knows how much he wanted to be here, but I wouldn't shed a tear if he got the boot either.

Also, have read a few people getting on Bohl's case, you can preach to 18 to 23 year olds until you are blue in the face, but you cant be watching over them 24 hours a day. There is only so much a coach can do, and to blame the coach for his players stupid decisions off the field is not justified in my opinion.

has Shamen had his court date yet? Until then he's innocent...

Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Earn It View Post
    If you guys aren't careful you are going to surpass the most undisiplined team in the Midwest, the Iowa Hawkeyes. Some people will do anything to win. Recruit the great athlete/bad student, great athlete/bad reputation, etc. But most do it to win. You guys, just like Iowa, do it and don't win. That leads to the question of who is running the program? The players or the coach? The Hawkeyes have set some sort of record of players being arrested. You guys are just giving our conference a bad rep!
    Says the fan of the team who has also had players taken away in handcuffs in the not so distant past...didn't you have a couple players arrested after a car accident? Hmmm...for DUI and Drug paraphernalia I do believe, oh, and I am sure you do know that both of the players are still on the team...or was it the big bad WR's arrested for possesion?

That leads me to the question, who is running your program, the players or the coach?

Dumbass...