Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Mohler and Washington

Default Re: Mohler and Washington

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    the standard definition of the idiom: that one will bear responsibility if a certain negative outcome results.

the context is ambiguous, so it could mean one of two things:

(1) bohl 'keeps' mohler or washington and there is a slip-up.

(2) bohl 'drops' mohler or washington and the bison perform poorly.

depending on the choice made, bohl may be subject to negative repercussions.

in the broader context, bohl's keister is always on the line, it's the nature of the job. e.g. he keeps playing mertens, gets torn apart by fans...

so is bohl's butt on the line or not?

either way, i'm going home for the day - beer and burgers on the barby.

cheers!
    no, his butt is not on the line. and another thing.....Bohl doesn't care if you o any other so called fans want mertens to sit on the bench. he is the one that sees these players in practice every day.

support the team that he puts on the field
    don't

Shawn-O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    To me this doesn't look like the face of someone who is taking this whole thing very seriously. Here are their mug shots from the forum article here http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/237261/ I think there may need to be a sacrificial lamb here to send a strong message to the rest of the team that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated!

Washington

Mohler
    Washington was coming from a party and was pissed that they ran out of King Cobra.

Like, wow, bro's, like, I thought this kinda thing, like, only happened at UNI, like, man?

Like, there's an ancient Chinese saying, dudes, that says, like, "Make sure the dogsh*t is, like, picked up in your own, like, backyard, dudes." And, like, something about, like, casting the first, like, stone if you've, like never sinned, like!

Welcome to, like, reality, Herdleys!

Peace and love,

Hippy Stick!

"Ah, man! I told you dudes there's no crack
    up in my arse! Git that flashlight out!"

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-O View Post
    Washington was coming from a party and was pissed that they ran out of King Cobra.
    I say boot Shamen.

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. It is easy to judge and cry out "hang-em-high!".
    It is an fun psychological experiment that we have going on here on Bisonville. The Lynch Mob mentality that comes out of those who can hide in anonymity behind a keyboard and an avatar and can shout fire and damnation at the top of their keystrokes.
    Send Mohler Home! Yank Shamen's Scholarship! Fire Bohl! Taylor is the problem! Bench Mertens! Screw UND!
    Talk is cheap but it takes money to buy whiskey, my friends. Maybe that is a bad analogy.
    Anyway, before anybody bursts out of their panties, let's just calm down and see how Coach Bohl responds.
    Out of a 100+ kids in a program, you are going to have some up's and downs. I am not going to get too concerned until I get some facts and see what the Coach's response is.

Just my two cents.
    I agree. I understand the fan base being upset - we all expect a high level of behavior out of our student/athletes. But at the same time when adults get DUI's - they still keep their jobs and income. We in a sense, pay NDSU coaches, teachers, janitors etc... and if they got a DUI we would not ask for their heads on a platter. It is time to clean up the program and put student/athletes on notice - but over reacting isn't the way to do it.

What I would do....
    Johnson- Three or four games
    Shamen- Three of four games
    Mohler- Gone

I would also tell Johnson and Shamen that they are out of strikes, next time they are gone.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Mohler really should make his Facebook page private or remove the photos he posted of him and others on the team with alcohol. C'mon man, it's not rocket science.

I'm not going to post the link, but it's not hard to find.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

[QUOTE=Hippy Stick;274396]Like, wow, bro's, like, I thought this kinda thing, like, only happened at UNI, like, man?

Like, there's an ancient Chinese saying, dudes, that says, like, "Make sure the dogsh*t is, like, picked up in your own, like, backyard, dudes." And, like, something about, like, casting the first, like, stone if you've, like never sinned, like!

Peace and love,

Hippy Stick!

You've been awfully preachy lately. I mean, as far as hippies go, yer getting preachy. If you aren't careful, you might start making sense and blow your hippie cover

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    Mohler really should make his Facebook page private or remove the photos he posted of him and others on the team with alcohol. C'mon man, it's not rocket science.

I'm not going to post the link, but it's not hard to find.
    Come on this post is useless without a link? LOL!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

[quote=BadlandsBison;274407]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Stick View Post
    Like, wow, bro's, like, I thought this kinda thing, like, only happened at UNI, like, man?

Peace and love,

Hippy Stick!

You've been awfully preachy lately. I mean, as far as hippies go, yer getting preachy. If you aren't careful, you might start making sense and blow your hippie cover

Like, man, I better, like, be careful.