Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Laura Roesler

Default Re: Laura Roesler

I think the forum mentioned the Dakota Relays and the Nike Outdoor Championships. Maybe someone else can let us know the caliber of those events.

Thats what I read also+++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

In the article, Laura stated that her goal this summer is to go under 2 min!! That would be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by roper1313 View Post
    In the article, Laura stated that her goal this summer is to go under 2 min!! That would be impressive.
    It's a great goal but I can't see that happening. I hope she proves me wrong.

she has about a solid month with decent weather to train exclusively for the 800. I could see her getting below 2:03. She ran a 55.10 400m with nobody pushing her.

She'll need to improve her strength quite a lot in order to get under two minutes. Endurance, technique, and strategy can only get you so far. It appears to me that with her petite frame, she's likely about maxed out in terms of how fast she can physcially cover this distance.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    She'll need to improve her strength quite a lot in order to get under two minutes. Endurance, technique, and strategy can only get you so far. It appears to me that with her petite frame, she's likely about maxed out in terms of how fast she can physcially cover this distance.
    I agree that Laura will need to get stronger if she has aspirations of breaking 2:00. Just google the name Maria Mutola and hit images and see what Laura will need to look like some day. The other thing that was already brought up was the fact that she can exclusively train for the 800. This is very important since the 800 calls for very specific training and when one is called on to run an array of very different events they are not able to develop the ability to develop their lactic acid threshold. In other words, Laura needs to run at her 800 pace any chance she can get because this is the only way to get used to running in this energy system. She certainly has the foot speed to do it, so that helps. I personally think she can do it, but her team needs to allow her to concentrate on one event. If her goal is to sweep the 100, 200, 400, and 800 along with breaking 2:00 it will never happen. That would be an unheard of feat to say the least.
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 05-31-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: add

Castor-

What is a better event for Laura to run as a second; a 1600 or a 400?

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe her goal would be to run a 2:01.37. With Hermanson's effort, maybe Roesler might think a little of running at NDSU.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Maybe her goal would be to run a 2:01.37. With Hermanson's effort, maybe Roesler might think a little of running at NDSU.
    I had the same thought. It's not like NDSU runners can't compete on the national stage.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden