Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Flood 2009

Default Re: Flood 2009

WDAY just reported NDSU will have an announcement tomorrow morning.

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    there is nothing on the NDSU website about that and I haven't heard anything about it

but then again i noticed it wasn't updated as of last Wednesday
    haven't heard anything either, WDAY 10pm news said no class at Concordia or MSUM, NDSU classes as scheduled but will make an announcement in the morning!

I have an exam tomorrow as well and its hard to focus and study!

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Listen up guys, I am a civil inter for the city of fargo engineering dept. This is VERY serious. If we need 2-3 million sandbags, we can only do 250,000 sandbags a day, river is to crest friday somewhere between 39-41 feet, add up the math and thats not good!! We need sandbaggers bad. We want to build up to 42ft that will take an extra 900,000 sandbags. NDSU should cancel classes tomorrow students WILL BE NEEDED. Students were a HUGE part of the 1997 and pretty much saved fargo moorhead. later i gotta study and sleep i got a LONG day ahead tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonbills View Post
    WDAY just reported NDSU will have an announcement tomorrow morning.
    what are they waiting for??? to find out that this isn't just a joke....if they don't cancel i won't be able to help til late tomorrow. GRRRRR
    "We All From Africa"

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The Forum said 40 by 1 AM Friday, I have heard nothing of 42 feet and if it gets that high the city would be in a lot of trouble.
    What happens at certain points of the flood:

41.3 Fargo...Top elevation of the Island Park permanent levee.
    40.2 Fargo...Top elevation of the emergency levees.
    40.0 Fargo...Top of the Island Park dike. Moorhead...Red River is lapping at the base of the Heritage Hjemkomst Interpretive Center.
    39.8 Fargo...Top of the Veteran Affairs Center dike.
    38.2 Fargo...Convent Bridge at 52nd Avenue South is closed.
    36.3 Fargo...Clearance height of 1st Avenue bridge.
    35.0 Moorhead...Actions taken to prevent storm sewers from backing up.
    34.4 Fargo...Northern-Pacific...Center Avenue bridge clearance.
    34.0 Fargo...Sandbagging starts on dike near 15th Avenue and Elm Street North if the river is forecast to rise above 36.5 feet.
    33.0 Fargo...Dike is constructed south of lift station to near 2nd Street and Main Avenue. Additional sandbagging on Elm Street dike near Woodland Drive. If river is forecast to rise above 37 feet, put extra earth on centerline of 10th Avenue South. 1979 Design top of dike at El Zagel golf course. Moorhead...Start diking to protect the Hjemkomst Center.
    32.5 Fargo...Bridge at 1st Avenue and 2nd Street North closed for construction of temporary dike on 2nd Street. 1st Avenue North bridge across Red river closed for construction of temporary dike across 1st Avenue North. Moorhead...1st Avenue North bridge is closed.
    31.0 Moorhead...1st Avenue North underpass is closed.
    30.0 Major Flood Stage. Fargo...Flooding at 2nd and 3rd Avenue North areas. 2nd Street closed between Main Avenue and 4th Street. Temporary dike constructed to protect area within Oak Street dike; 58 feet South of 9th Avenue North. Moorhead...Water crosses entrance road to Gooseberry Mounds Park.
    28.0 Fargo...12th Street toll bridge is closed. Construction begins on the dike to protect sewage treatment plant if forecast is above 34 feet. Moorhead...15th Avenue North river bridge is closed.
    25.0 Moderate Flood Stage. Fargo...City Parks and Recreation areas along the river begin to flood.
    24.0 Fargo...2nd Street closes between 1st and 3rd Avenue North for construction of temporary dike that protects City Hall if the river is forecast to rise above 31 feet.
    23.3 Fargo...North Broadway bridge floods.
    22.7 Fargo...Gage walls at Island Park are closed.
    20.6 Fargo...North Broadway bridge is closed.
    19.0 Fargo...Low-level dam south of Main Avenue is underwater.
    18.0 Flood Warning Stage...minor. Fargo...North lane of Elm St between 14th and 15th Avenue is closed.
    17.7 Fargo...Sanitary Sewers affected. Pump station at Island Park is started.
    17.0 Forecast Service Stage. Fargo...Water rises to the edge of the bike path at El Zagel bowl along Elm Street North between 14th and 15th Avenues. Bankfull Stage.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
    haven't heard anything either, WDAY 10pm news said no class at Concordia or MSUM, NDSU classes as scheduled but will make an announcement in the morning!

I have an exam tomorrow as well and its hard to focus and study!
    I can't focus.....I am willing to help sandbag but if they don't cancel classes I have a ton of stuff due tomorrow.
    "We All From Africa"

42ft is what we want to build up the dikes up to before today we wanted 41ft.

what are they waiting for??? to find out that this isn't just a joke....if they don't cancel i won't be able to help til late tomorrow. GRRRRR
    Just a stab in the dark, but if all students knew classes were cancelled tomorrow, how many would go out and knock a few back and not be worth a crap tomorrow? Just a theory.

I can't focus.....I am willing to help sandbag but if they don't cancel classes I have a ton of stuff due tomorrow.
    Me Too I have a test and homework due.....I cant focus.

Thanks for the insight Bigbison!