Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Flood 2009

Default Re: Flood 2009

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    U mary been closed for 2 days now, should be safe, the surrounding houses and on West side are NOT safe.
    You got that right...I know a lot of people who have homes down there.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    everyone needs to say a big thanks to Heckler....the kid is going hour after hour on a 40 min nap here and there......just saw him at the dome he'll work there til 6am then go work his job (sandbagging and such out in the city)

sorry for saying your name bud, but this had to be stated you're an animal I put in 13 hours at the dome today and am sore as hell and bout to crash

thanks for everyone that is helping fight this!
    Just doing my job buddy

picture of bismarck

"We All From Africa"

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    yeah i know they're on a hill but i knew the river was close by, so assumed they were fine but just making sure.

how's everyone else doing?

bisonbabe hows your situation in casselton? how about your relatives in other cities?
    Thank you for thinking of me.

So far so good at home. The kids are home today and I have the oldest checking the sump pump on the hour to make sure it is still running. Talked to my MIL yesterday she said they are okay. Mom & Dad are in Bottineau and should not have any flooding. Sister and BIL and fam are in Souris and I worry that they will have problems after the lastest snow they got the other day melts.

It is quite uplifiting to see the community respond to the request for help. Everyone is to be commended for doing what they can to help during this flood fight.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I manage a Fargo hotel and just had a guest walk in for a room. He was evacuated from his home on the first fareway of Oxbow CC. I almost lost it when he left the lobby to go to his room.

Concordia will not have school the rest of the week to help with the increase of dikes to 43 feet.

If you live in Fargo, check out this site. Please, we are in VERY big trouble if we do not get this done.

http://ffdt.rrbdin.org/index.php

It keeps getting updated with river forecasts.

Just want to say that I admire and am in awe of all the volunteer efforts and the concern everyone seems to have for everyone else up North. It's crazy to see some of the pictures of the flooding, the dikes being constructed and all the sandbagging efforts.

And to Heckler, I witnessed your antics at the Summit League Tourney (assuming you were one of the guys with Lakes). Let me tell you, I was less than impressed. But, it seems clear to me that you're just a really crazy Bison fan and in times like these your true colors are shining through. Great job.

Stay safe everyone...

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Keep kicking ass you guys, did oxbow really go last night? Just remember that we only have to build our dikes higher than Moorheads sorry thats not funny.

just on cnn now they have used explosives on the ice jam in bismarck but no word on how its been affected

if anyone from bismarck has any updates on it please let us know.
    "We All From Africa"