Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDSU got screwed

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU got screwed

Quote Originally Posted by 90 BISON View Post
    A 7 seed
    Are you kidding me! They were ranked 14th in a recent poll and they only get a 7 seed? What is wrong with this picture?
    awww too bad
    Last edited by heckler; 03-17-2009 at 02:49 AM.

they are a first trip team... if they win some games they will garner some respect
    TRUST THE PROCESS

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    they aint that good.. overrated. I mean. #7 in tourney= #25 in nation.

whats wrong with that??/
    How are they overrated?

cuz they are in south dakota.

in the EYES of the COMMITTEE they obviously musta been overrated, thus the #7 pick.

dont hate on me, Im not on the committee...

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

cuz they are in south dakota.

in the EYES of the COMMITTEE they obviously musta been overrated, thus the #7 pick.

dont hate on me, Im not on the committee...
    solid logic yet again from the mind they call lakes...

I thought the OOC schedule would have helped them, but when you take a closer look...

Maryland - 1 seed (lost by 12)

Utah - 9 seed (won by 12)
    Minnesota - 10 seed (won by 10)
    Gonzaga - 12 seed (won by 14)
    Montana - 13 seed (won by 5)

Relative to the teams they beat, I guess a #7 could make sense... but when you're ranked as high as you are in the nation, you'd figure to get a little more respect than a #7 seed. At least don't get put in a pod with 3 teams that can claim a home game, including your first round opponent... I know, this is the way the Women's tourney runs, but still...

I know the Oakland loss hurt, but it shouldn't have hurt that much!

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    I know the Oakland loss hurt, but it shouldn't have hurt that much!
    AJ said that he doubted whether, when push came to shove, the committee could convince itself to vote SDSU higher than Tennessee, LSU, and Rutgers.

The Baylor match looks interesting indeed. Baylor plays a very short rotation (most of their players see 35+ minutes) and they've been running on fumes since they lost Danielle Wilson. SDSU -might- knock them off by running the legs out from under them. But, on the flip side, Baylor's starting 5 are definitely better than SDSU's.

cant decide who is more annoying sdsu womens basketball fans or KU fans
    had a revelation while typing

SDSU WINS HANDS DOWN

talking about womens basketball
    TRUST THE PROCESS

they aint that good.. overrated. I mean. #7 in tourney= #25 in nation.

whats wrong with that??/

That's nearly exactly where their RPI (26) shows they should be. Lots of folks are always stressing how important RPI is, guess we now know why.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I know this may be new to SDSU fans but this is the way the womens tournament has been run for the past 25 years and it ain't gonna change. Most other fans have just learned to accept it. There are 6-8 teams at the top who have been there forever and they get all the breaks. Unlike the men, the womens first and second rounds are always on home courts and alot of times teams with better records and seeds end up playing on the road against lower seeds because they are hosting. Tennessee has never lost a first or second round game but they are usually at home so that makes an upset all the more unlikely. The womens tournament also depends on the marquee teams to make it to the regionals and FF since ticket sales are not guaranteed like the mens tourny usually is. This is Tennessee and UConn's tourny, everyone else is just a guest. The best you can do is just go out win under difficult circumstances and hope one day to reach the elite club.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I know this may be new to SDSU fans but this is the way the womens tournament has been run for the past 25 years and it ain't gonna change. Most other fans have just learned to accept it. There are 6-8 teams at the top who have been there forever and they get all the breaks. Unlike the men, the womens first and second rounds are always on home courts and alot of times teams with better records and seeds end up playing on the road against lower seeds because they are hosting. Tennessee has never lost a first or second round game but they are usually at home so that makes an upset all the more unlikely. The womens tournament also depends on the marquee teams to make it to the regionals and FF since ticket sales are not guaranteed like the mens tourny usually is. This is Tennessee and UConn's tourny, everyone else is just a guest. The best you can do is just go out win under difficult circumstances and hope one day to reach the elite club.
    Actually, the NCAA has experimented with all sorts of configurations. An 8 location format similar to the men's tournament was abandoned last year for the 16 site format that is used in VB and other non-revenue sports. That format did result occasionally in higher seeded teams playing on lower seeded team home courts, but not as often...

The NCAA would dearly love for WBB to be a revenue sport, but outside of a select few programs (SDSU being one of them) it's not.
    Last edited by zooropa; 03-17-2009 at 11:59 PM.