Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SDSU got screwed

Default Re: SDSU got screwed

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    Actually, the NCAA has experimented with all sorts of configurations. An 8 location format similar to the men's tournament was abandoned last year for the 16 site format that is used in VB and other non-revenue sports. That format did result occasionally in higher seeded teams playing on lower seeded team home courts, but not as often...

The NCAA would dearly love for WBB to be a revenue sport, but outside of a select few programs (SDSU being one of them) it's not.
    HATE how he tries to get the last word in and makes sure everyone knows he is right even if he isn't. Do I think we got snubbed sure. That's my loyalty as a fan to feel so. As a media member, its probably the worst draw in terms of getting there but it could be an easy path to the sweet 16.But that's why we're the newcomers and why Tennessee gets a fifth seed. AJ prepared the girls to not get a "snub" draw coming in from talking with him.If the girls make it a constant where they start making it to the dance yearly and have tough schedules I might see the getting higher seeds despite having mediocre results. Look at the big ten, big 12, sec, and pac 10 for examples of that happening.Now I gotta get some sleep, headed out to Rapid to cover the State A boys basketball tourney tomorrow. Good luck Bison and good luck rabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    HATE how he tries to get the last word in and makes sure everyone knows he is right even if he isn't. Do I think we got snubbed sure. That's my loyalty as a fan to feel so. As a media member, its probably the worst draw in terms of getting there but it could be an easy path to the sweet 16.But that's why we're the newcomers and why Tennessee gets a fifth seed. AJ prepared the girls to not get a "snub" draw coming in from talking with him.If the girls make it a constant where they start making it to the dance yearly and have tough schedules I might see the getting higher seeds despite having mediocre results. Look at the big ten, big 12, sec, and pac 10 for examples of that happening.Now I gotta get some sleep, headed out to Rapid to cover the State A boys basketball tourney tomorrow. Good luck Bison and good luck rabbits!
    The trademark of Mpls
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    HATE how he tries to get the last word in and makes sure everyone knows he is right even if he isn't.
    Look, the previous poster made a generalization that was flat out incorrect.

If there has been one consistent thing about how the NCAA has ran the WBB tournament it's been inconsistency. They've tried everything to get people to the games and to get the games on TV, but no soap.

It's flat out incorrect to say that teams playing on the home court of worse seeds is historically 'usual' or common. It's not. There's NOTHING usual about the tournament format, except that the NCAA screws with it every few years.

BTW Blue: Were you the one that trashed Julia Whitted over on the SDSU forum?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The trademark of Mpls
    Yes it is.....
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yes it is.....
    He goy spanked pretty good over at the other site and this over winded internet gas bag magially appears with the same MO. LOL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."