Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Moormann

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Lucas Moormann

Ok so I have been pretty tough on this guy the past few weeks, but how important is he to us right now? I know you guys won't agree with me on this but if he doesn't have the best game of his life we will get totaly kicked. Our season is basically on his shoulders right now and I don't like that feeling at all.

Default Re: Lucas Moorman

Luke and Nelly will need to have huge defensive games.

But one thing about Luke is that he has been through the battles and has taken on some pretty great big men. I believe he held Taj Gibson from USC under his season average.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

He will play a huge role in the outcome of this game. He's going to have to force Aldrich into tough shots and keep him off the boards. I don't expect him to do anything on offense but he is going to have to do the dirty work down low for the bison to have a shot.

Yes, Lucas will have a big task, but I don't think it's fair to say our season rests on his shoulders. Defensively, we aren't just going to expect Lucas to guard Cole all by himself. We will have to sink into the post. And to be fair, we probably wouldn't be here right now without him. I think with some help from his teammates, he will do well enough in the post defensively to keep things interesting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Luke and Nelly will need to have huge defensive games.

But one thing about Luke is that he has been through the battles and has taken on some pretty great big men. I believe he held Taj Gibson from USC under his season average.
    also held Taj to 18 rebounds... dont know if that is a good or bad thing...

defense will def. be the x-factor in this game, more specifically the interior defese...

I heard Lo Riley is gonna come in and choke slam aldrich..... we have been saving this move all season
    Last edited by unbison; 03-16-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Ok so I have been pretty tough on this guy the past few weeks, but how important is he to us right now? I know you guys won't agree with me on this but if he doesn't have the best game of his life we will get totaly kicked. Our season is basically on his shoulders right now and I don't like that feeling at all.
    I've watched the Bison play five times this year and I don't agree. Moorman's role will be huge but you have seniors who know how to find ways to win. I know a lot of Jackrabbit fans are pretty pumped up for the Bison to match up with KU.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    also held Taj to 18 rebounds... dont know if that is a good or bad thing...
    I don't know, but if Luke can hold him to just 10 points like he did Taj, I'll be estatic.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    I've watched the Bison play five times this year and I don't agree. Moorman's role will be huge but you have seniors who know how to find ways to win. I know a lot of Jackrabbit fans are pretty pumped up for the Bison to match up with KU.
    Thanks JD, I'll pulling for the Jackrabbits to make a run in the women's bracket. Hopefully both Dakota schools can make their presence felt.

We will need LM to play the game of his life.....no doubt about it.