Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virg Foss Puts Down NDSU's Berth

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Virg Foss Puts Down NDSU's Berth

Virg Foss= serious tool. Foss tries to say that UND hockey has a far greater story this year than NDSU's basketball team, and says that Ryan Duncan winning the Hobey Baker is a better story than NDSU's berth in the Big Dance. Here's the article:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Virg Foss Puts Down NDSU's Berth

Whoops... sorry i didn't see this in the NATIONAL NEWS sticky.

Oh, come on! Seriously? Hockey, what are there like 50 DI hockey teams? It's a nice little niche sport and they should be proud of their accomplishments but comparing it to a trip to the big dance? Not even close.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post
    Virg Foss= serious tool. Foss tries to say that UND hockey has a far greater story this year than NDSU's basketball team, and says that Ryan Duncan winning the Hobey Baker is a better story than NDSU's berth in the Big Dance. Here's the article:

Actually the artical wasnt bad considering it came from a hockey fan.He gave his opinion and why.
    I took no offense to it as he did give the appropriate props.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Oh, come on! Seriously? Hockey, what are there like 50 DI hockey teams? It's a nice little niche sport and they should be proud of their accomplishments but comparing it to a trip to the big dance? Not even close.
    Hockey is a great sport and I wish it was more popular down here but... making the NCAA's in hoops is much much bigger deal. There aren't exactly pools in every office in the country for hockey every year.

EVERY basketball fan will have to look at the name NDSU whether they have heard of them or not when filling out their bracket. That is pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post

Bigger story in the UND Hockey community. That's about it. NHL Hockey is having a heckuva time keeping its television contract...with anyone.

It's another example of the GF mentality toward what NDSU does. Still, on SS most have been pretty doggone nice about this whole thing.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

who gives a _ _ _ _!!

i have been vocal against them.

but now I say we have to IGNORE them, EVERYONE. as a group, need to ignore them.

When a UND fans bring up their great D1 hockey tradition, I love to mock them and remind them that they pale in comparison to the DOMINATION Johns Hopkins has had in D1 Lacrosse. What you don't care about Lacrosse. Lacrosse=Hockey

UND certainly does have a good story to tell in hockey. They are routinely one of the best teams in the country and have top talent. They have won seven national championships. NDSU's success does not diminish that. But that's a matter of perspective.

IMO what we're seeing here is another hyper-reactive all-out blitz by the U and its supporters, a la the post-D-I-announcement trashing of everything NDSU athletics. It's quite possibly a reflection of a perceived loss of relevance. Whether or not that loss is real, the reaction seems to suggest that it is.

If it wasn't a big deal, there would be no response.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by *Bisonrube View Post
    When a UND fans bring up their great D1 hockey tradition, I love to mock them and remind them that they pale in comparison to the DOMINATION Johns Hopkins has had in D1 Lacrosse. What you don't care about Lacrosse. Lacrosse=Hockey
    i agree, it pretty much gets the same exposure... and they havent even been as dominant as John Hopkins has