Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Tourney payout.

Default Re: Question about Tourney payout.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Hopefully they take our money and put it towards putting the tournament on TV. Just ridiculous that they can't get the semi-finals on at least ESPNU or Fox College Sports.
    I always wondered why we couldn't get on ESPNU too, and according to Wikipedia (I know) they don't have broadcast right to the Summit. What would we have to give up to give ESPNU rights to Summit games? Hopefully not any of the online content, if that's the case I probably would say keep things the way they are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPNU_College_Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Hopefully they take our money and put it towards putting the tournament on TV. Just ridiculous that they can't get the semi-finals on at least ESPNU or Fox College Sports.
    How about getting a better server for summittv on the internet.

Re: Question about Tourney payout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok but this giving up payouts from the Dance, anybody else feel that NDSU is getting screwed, I mean we know 3 teams are in the same boat, but what are the chances either of the other 2 teams make the dance before the agreed upon timeframe!! Do you suppose the league will give a little something to NDSU for it if they make it? kinda a "bonus"

Quote:
    The Sioux have been in the Frozen Four for 4 straight years and in the National championship 1 of those 4. The only National coverage the Bison BB team is going to get is the world laughing at them as they get trounced by the big boys. We know this be we, UND are one of the big boys in the nation. Keep trying bison.

SUE Poster after NDSU wins Summit punching ticket to the Dance

This is only one UND person. Last night when this site was down, I was curious if SU was being bashed "over there." I was shocked to see how many posters on SS were congratulating or were happy for NDSU and the the state. My first time ever at SS by the way.....
    So take it for what it's worth.......
    Bizon football...it ain't golf....be LOUD...be PROUD....BIZON NATION (yes, I stole 'nation' from the Gophers)

Quote Originally Posted by 1bizon1 View Post
    Re: Question about Tourney payout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok but this giving up payouts from the Dance, anybody else feel that NDSU is getting screwed, I mean we know 3 teams are in the same boat, but what are the chances either of the other 2 teams make the dance before the agreed upon timeframe!! Do you suppose the league will give a little something to NDSU for it if they make it? kinda a "bonus"

I think that SDSU women has a bigger beef than NDSU. However, I do think that if we signed that deal and knew we weren't getting anything, did we sign it before or after the death sentence was reduced to 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    I think that SDSU women has a bigger beef than NDSU. However, I do think that if we signed that deal and knew we weren't getting anything, did we sign it before or after the death sentence was reduced to 5 years?
    That right there is funny I don't care who you are.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post

It was after. The bylaw was changed prior to NDSU being invited to the Summit. I believe it was changed for NDSU's first year in DI transition (after the exploratory year) due in part to lobbying on the behalf of UC-Davis.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It might suck now to give up that payment, but it would have sucked a lot worse if we were still independent this year....

The Summit splits up the pie to all members, each receiving something around $100k.

Of course, if a team makes it past the first round, subsequent payouts would be increased.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Heard Gene Taylor say that to get in the Summit, we signed a contract forfeiting money for the first 3 years.