Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors on QB transfer to NDSU??

Default Re: Rumors on QB transfer to NDSU??

Found this little blurb on him from summer of his SR of high school. I like the sound of it. And you know, he actually put up decent stats last year for a poor Michigan team running an offense that requires a pretty specialized QB. This blurb is from a former recruiting coordinator at Texas in the 90's.

"December grad who is committed to Georgia Tech. Definitely a "rhythm" passer both under center and in the gun. When he has a chance to set feet and get to the front foot on his throws, he really throws with some zip. Has a little slower release, which is typical for taller QB's, so won't be as effective if hurried. Throws a really nice ball. Can definitely "spin it"."

Quote Originally Posted by jugular View Post
    I hope he's of the Graham Harrell, Juice Williams, Josh Freeman & Brian Brohm quality of 4-star Rivals QB recruits as opposed to Jake Chrisensen, Blake Barnes, Zach Fraser and my personal favorite, Harrison Beck.
    Where did Christensen end up going? PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You know what, I haven't heard. I did hear once that he was going to finish out the spring at Iowa to graduate.

You know what, I haven't heard. I did hear once that he was going to finish out the spring at Iowa to graduate.
    Just read that myself. From what Ive read there are 4 teams looking at him.
    But he has asked the NCAA for a waiver so he can play FBS right away as opposed to FCS. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I have a hard time believing that he could not take part in spring ball at a school--whether it's FBS or FCS--and come in during the fall and start. Even if he goes there in the summer and does 7 on 7's, it's nowhere near the same as going full pads. Just a hunch, but I doubt the NCAA approves his request.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just read that myself. From what Ive read there are 4 teams looking at him.
    But he has asked the NCAA for a waiver so he can play FBS right away as opposed to FCS. PL

I have a hard time believing that he could not take part in spring ball at a school--whether it's FBS or FCS--and come in during the fall and start. Even if he goes there in the summer and does 7 on 7's, it's nowhere near the same as going full pads. Just a hunch, but I doubt the NCAA approves his request.
    There is a rule that allows a player to graduate from an FBS school and will allow him to go to graduate school at a different FBS school and play football if he has any eligibility left. May be thats what he is shooting for.
    I think he only has one year left so he cant sit out a year for FBS hence the waiver. Or its FCS and no waiver is needed. PL

I am praying that he is the starting QB in Fargo when I come up on October 10!

There is a rule that allows a player to graduate from an FBS school and will allow him to go to graduate school at a different FBS school and play football if he has any eligibility left. May be thats what he is shooting for.
    From what I remember, this was a one year rule and I don't think is in place anymore.
    I think he only has one year left so he cant sit out a year for FBS hence the waiver. Or its FCS and no waiver is needed. PL
    He was a 2007 graduate, so the 09-10 season he would be a redshirt sophomore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tourguide View Post
    From what I remember, this was a one year rule and I don't think is in place anymore.

He was a 2007 graduate, so the 09-10 season he would be a redshirt sophomore.
    Christensen will be graduating this spring-summer. He has played 3 seasons so far so he has one year left. PL

Quote Originally Posted by mhd1283 View Post
    Those character flaws are only small if he comes to NDSU, otherwise they are huge.

Finally, somebody understands.

I wonder why the wanderlust in this one, though...?
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB