Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New "Would you rather"

Default New "Would you rather"

Would you rather go back to the veer, or continue watching this offense with its same level of execution......... Partially kidding but mostly serious....see, look at my face.

It is sad when I come to the dome on a saturday and am subjected to watching this atrocity of an offense.

However it would also be sad to run a silly offense I see four teams run.

Jamestown High School(What is a playoff berth and does it come from the hospital? )
    Air Force(Shouldn't we have a good....air attack? )
    Navy(Whats up Brah'? )
    Georgia Tech(Where did the wins go? Oh, with Dwyer? ok )
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Default Re: New "Would you rather"

Changing to the veer won't solve the problems of execution the team's had recently. Execution is up to the players and the coaches to have the right players on the field to fit the system or the specific play being run.

Not saying I disagree that the offense has been pretty lackluster but conversely the solution isn't to change offensive systems, or if it is it won't happen over the course of a single season.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Wink Re: New "Would you rather"

dumbest thread of the day. and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    dumbest thread of the day. and tomorrow.
    Really? Dumber than some of your threads? Why must you always make every thread about yourself?
    We are NDSU!!!

Run the veer...
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Changing to the veer won't solve the problems of execution the team's had recently. Execution is up to the players and the coaches to have the right players on the field to fit the system or the specific play being run.

Not saying I disagree that the offense has been pretty lackluster but conversely the solution isn't to change offensive systems, or if it is it won't happen over the course of a single season.
    execution is a not just players it is coaches having the kids prepared.....it is coaches demanding execution or you are on the bench!

two vince lombardi quotes come to mind

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.
    TRUST THE PROCESS

At the request of Unbison this post has been removed by 26.
    Last edited by Twentysix; 02-23-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    execution is a not just players it is coaches having the kids prepared.....it is coaches demanding execution or you are on the bench!

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    wow....rofl. I hope they dont let you coach minors.
    UnBison hit a valid and key point. I have had the opportunity to coach minors (grades 4 to 9). I never had a loosing team. I made it a point to understand what the kid wanted from the experience and then worked to get their wants into the team goals. That does infer that I did get inside of their heads.

BTW, Goal number 1 was to have FUN! Fun meant hard work and finding out just how much each kid really had to contribute. And it was FUN to watch the kid who had no self confidence at the beginning of the year make the plays and contribute.

Based on discussion with UnBison and his posts, I get the feeling he would make an excellent coach for 'minors' and I would watching the parents try to deal with him.

Back to the topic at hand: I love option football. It takes a lot of skill and execution to work. It does not have to be the mainstay nor does it have to be run out of the veer. When executed, it is a thing of beauty (for kids, HS, college, or the pros). And yeah, I had sixth graders running the veer!
    Last edited by BlueBisonRock; 02-22-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Added emoticon
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post

Good post!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Lakes has attacked me I was on the Dean' List and my mom says that makes me a smart boy.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo