Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado - Dufault

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Colorado - Dufault

Dufault is averaging 8.9 ppg (3rd leading scorer) and 30 minutes on a fairly bad (12th in Big 12) Colorado team. Would this guy be making an impact on the Bison this year?

Would have been a great player to keep in-state, and would be a imact player, but would he be starting or getting significant minutes this year at the 3-4? Probably would be competing for minutes with Tveidt/Carlson/Flowers. Maybe so, just wanting another opinion.

IMO, he would have been a great piece to aid in our tourament run this year, and the big time at Colorado (small time in '09) could have been bigger time at NDSU this year. The exposure at CU is great and they are a Big 12 school, but he could have really made a name for himself at NDSU. His 9 ppg at NDSU would really be providing depth and balance to a very good squad, IMO much stronger "this year" than CU. (I've watched 2 CU games) I'm guess March madness or NIT would have been more likely at NDSU than CU for his 4 years. The only BB thing he's getting at CU is more minutes as a Freshman. Don't get me wrong, he is getting a great education, big market, big conf, Buff ladies, etc . . . but BB at NDSU could have been on a nearly equal level.

IMO, current CU BB is the Big 10 equivalent of Northwestern or Iowa, at least this year. The gophers would have been a step up in both talent and exposure, but he would not be getting significant minutes as a FR for Tubby at MN.
    Last edited by Herd; 01-30-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Default Re: Colorado - Dufault

Dufault is playing as a true freshman for Colorado, and I think he'd have red-shirted at NDSU.

Great to see a North Dakota kid doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dufault is playing as a true freshman for Colorado, and I think he'd have red-shirted at NDSU.

I think he would have been an instant starter at NDSU.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SirHinn View Post
    I think he would have been an instant starter at NDSU.
    No way Dufault starts for the Bison this year. With Woody and Winks driving the offense, Tweidt's athleticism and defensive ability are massive. Dufault would be absolutely huge for the next three years though, and he could provide scoring off the bench this year..

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I agree with Tony on this, but that is based on comments about a year ago by staff.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I agree with Tony on this, but that is based on comments about a year ago by staff.
    If there was even any talk of him redshirting at NDSU, I completely understand why he didn't chose NDSU. I've been lucky enough to see him in numerous games this year and he has proven he's as good as advertised. He's such a good passer for a big man and does a lot of things you wouldn't expect with how tall he is.

Dufault reshirting at NDSU is silly talk. He would be starting for this team this year. He would be a solid 4 for us and would've given us immediate help inside. I think if we would've gotten Dufault, Flowers prolly wouldn't be on this team...

I think he would have redshirted to add some weight. Don't think he would be starting here this year.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For an in-state guy like Dufault you ask him if he wants to play right away, then ask him if there is anything else that he wants. If the possibility of a RS sent him to CO, that is unfortunate.

I think Tveidt would have started, Dufault might have pushed him though and I really would have loved to see those two together next year.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.