Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ball State Connection

Default Ball State Connection

Any chance we lose Jukem to Ball State? Didn't Perles recruit Jukem?

Default Re: Ball State Connection

I really, really doubt it, it was mentioned in an article about Juckem that what the school had to offer in the classroom was a big part of his decision, I got the impression that he felt at home at NDSU and in Fargo. Just because a coach recruits a kid and moves on, doesn't mean that he is going to follow that coach everywhere he goes. Bohl had just as much to do with getting Juckem here as Perles did, probably more so.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    I really, really doubt it, it was mentioned in an article about Juckem that what the school had to offer in the classroom was a big part of his decision, I got the impression that he felt at home at NDSU and in Fargo. Just because a coach recruits a kid and moves on, doesn't mean that he is going to follow that coach everywhere he goes. Bohl had just as much to do with getting Juckem here as Perles did, probably more so.
    Hopefully Perles doesn't pull a Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    Hopefully Perles doesn't pull a Lennon.
    Or an Urban Meyer. The guy was probably texting other schools' commitments during the celebration party after the national championship game. Sports Illustrated (or another big media outlet) did a story on how this guy doesn't stop until signing day.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Or an Urban Meyer. The guy was probably texting other schools' commitments during the celebration party after the national championship game. Sports Illustrated (or another big media outlet) did a story on how this guy doesn't stop until signing day.
    I don't recall it being a rule not being able to not recruit verbals and everyone knows that a verbal committment means absolutely nothing. You can rip on Urban Meyer all you want but then you have to rip on every other coach out there because they are all doing the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHinn View Post
    I don't recall it being a rule not being able to not recruit verbals and everyone knows that a verbal committment means absolutely nothing. You can rip on Urban Meyer all you want but then you have to rip on every other coach out there because they are all doing the exact same thing.
    OK...I'm just refering to a story. He's set the bar much higher.

Frankly...if the others are doing it...then I don't like what they're doing either.

Rip

So why do verbal commits meaning anything to anyone? Why are we even discussing them?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHinn View Post
    To say a verbal means nothing is foolish, some athletes would sign months before signing day if they could. You make it sound like it is all the athletes who are in the wrong here for giving the verbal, what are they supposed to do if they love the school but are at risk of losing their scholarship if they wait too long?

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

By Andy Thorpe
    Editor - BallStateInsider.com
    Date: Jan 25, 2009

Ball State hosted another big recruiting weekend this past weekend as it hosted 5 already committed players as well as 4 players who have yet to commit. In the end, the Cardinals got some big surprises.

apparently Hank Jacobs was one of the players, need to have a Scout membershipt to access article

http://ballstate.scout.com/

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

did hank jacobs commit there or just visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubs21 View Post
    did hank jacobs commit there or just visit?
    No mention of an offer or commitment.