Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KXJB Gone from DirectTV

Default Re: KXJB Gone from DirectTV

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I just called Direct TV and they are going to upgrade my local channels dish and a bring a new receiver for free. PL
    HMMM...I just get the annoying we understand your problem but there really is nothing we can do about it at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    HMMM...I just get the annoying we understand your problem but there really is nothing we can do about it at this time.
    My situation is a tad different. I lost local programing last month for a short period of time and had to reprogram. When I called them they said I needed an upgrade of my dish and receiver but they wouldnt be doing that until after the first of the year and to call back then to schedule the upgrade.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

They had a message board on their site, and it was getting pretty entertaining the last day or so. Well now that's gone. I wish I could have seen the post that made them pull the plug on it. Oh yeah. Almost forgot. SCREW THEM A-HOLES!!!! My kid is a huge Chargers fan and he couldn't watch his favorite team. Ok. Now I'm better.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonbills View Post
    They had a message board on their site, and it was getting pretty entertaining the last day or so. Well now that's gone. I wish I could have seen the post that made them pull the plug on it. Oh yeah. Almost forgot. SCREW THEM A-HOLES!!!! My kid is a huge Chargers fan and he couldn't watch his favorite team. Ok. Now I'm better.
    I feel for your pain...no one should have to put up with charger fans.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    I feel for your pain...no one should have to put up with charger fans.
    Absolutely intolerable.

KX pulled their message board. CLASSIC!!

I obviously don't know the inner-workings of TV stations as some do. But I will say that, from a personal experience, I know that Charley Johnson has a track record of being somewhat "uncooperative" when it comes to DirecTV.

I first became a DirecTV subscriber in 1995 as soon as it became available in my area. I live in a rural location, 100+ miles from Fargo. Before satellite, the only clear station we had was WDAZ (that's the closest transmitter). The other three were all always "snowy". WDAY was unwatchable. This despite our antenna being mounted atop an 80 foot tower! Then DirecTV came and we had the feeds for all four major networks crystal clear. After a few years, when all the hub-ub about the nations local stations being left out (understandable), we lost them all. DirecTV walked us through the waiver process so that we could obtain written approval from the local stations in order to receive the NY/LA network feeds back. KXJB, WDAY, WDAZ, and KVRR all granted the request immediately and the national feeds were restored for CBS, FOX, and ABC. Charley Johnson, then the GM of KVLY was the only one who refused. I wrote him several times and even spoke with him on the phone on one occaison trying to explain our situation to no avail. He reiterated time and again that "there are other avenues beyond DirecTV that will allow you to enjoy NBC programming". We went without NBC for about 2 and a half years, putting up with our "snowy" reception via outdoor antenna when we absolutely had to watch something on that channel, until DirecTV finally picked up Fargo's local stations.

I would imagine we will go through this same process as we are now when DirecTV's agreement with KVLY runs out in the future.

BTW, who's playing in the AFC championship?

Quote Originally Posted by bincitysioux View Post
    I obviously don't know the inner-workings of TV stations as some do. But I will say that, from a personal experience, I know that Charley Johnson has a track record of being somewhat "uncooperative" when it comes to DirecTV.

I first became a DirecTV subscriber in 1995 as soon as it became available in my area. I live in a rural location, 100+ miles from Fargo. Before satellite, the only clear station we had was WDAZ (that's the closest transmitter). The other three were all always "snowy". WDAY was unwatchable. This despite our antenna being mounted atop an 80 foot tower! Then DirecTV came and we had the feeds for all four major networks crystal clear. After a few years, when all the hub-ub about the nations local stations being left out (understandable), we lost them all. DirecTV walked us through the waiver process so that we could obtain written approval from the local stations in order to receive the NY/LA network feeds back. KXJB, WDAY, WDAZ, and KVRR all granted the request immediately and the national feeds were restored for CBS, FOX, and ABC. Charley Johnson, then the GM of KVLY was the only one who refused. I wrote him several times and even spoke with him on the phone on one occaison trying to explain our situation to no avail. He reiterated time and again that "there are other avenues beyond DirecTV that will allow you to enjoy NBC programming". We went without NBC for about 2 and a half years, putting up with our "snowy" reception via outdoor antenna when we absolutely had to watch something on that channel, until DirecTV finally picked up Fargo's local stations.

I would imagine we will go through this same process as we are now when DirecTV's agreement with KVLY runs out in the future.

BTW, who's playing in the AFC championship?
    Wow that all sounds pretty drawn out. All we had to do was give our zip code to prove we were a certain mileage away and got what ever locals we wanted. At first it was the big market locals that we could have our pick of---Chicago, Dallas, St louis etc. Finally we now have Springfiel Mo for our locals. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wow that all sounds pretty drawn out. All we had to do was give our zip code to prove we were a certain mileage away and got what ever locals we wanted. At first it was the big market locals that we could have our pick of---Chicago, Dallas, St louis etc. Finally we now have Springfiel Mo for our locals. PL
    That is how it works but, if you live within the circle on the map that defines the area where you can get the signal over the air, you need the local station to sign off. I went through the same process when I first got directv (2000) and they were able to give me CBS and NBC with no questions asked. I needed approval for ABC and FOX because FOX (Pembina) and ABC (Grand Forks) both had map circles that caught my zip code. Both WDAY and KJRR denied my request. Big shock.

The best thing I ever did was keep the locals from CBS and NBC. Not only do we get two "prime times" but, I got to see the AFC games on the weekend. I did not get to see the Bison basketball game because it was on KJXB so I sent a nasty email.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well................ I had the opportunity to watch CSI last night via a digital antenna (rabbit ears) and it sucked. The little missus even commented, "we're paying $80 and still using rabbit ears grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

I suppose it's going to take 1 1/2 years for the negotiations to be completed.

About all I can say is "Chuck you Farley"