Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KXJB Gone from DirectTV

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default KXJB Gone from DirectTV

Is anyone else pissed off that KXJB announced that they would be taking their feed off of DirectTV after a 2 day notice.

Good old Charlie Johnson decided that with ad revenues from the auto companies dwindling, he would strike.

I have had business dealings in the past with Charlie and I found him to be an arrogant condescending little pr_ck. He was lucky to leave the proceedings with a deal and his teeth. The restraint shown on my part was admirable.

I will never spend a $0.01 at any business he represents, or works for.

I hope DirectTv can get my waiver so I can watch the national feed (they have to get permission from the pr_ck) so, I'm not holding my breath. This is b_llsh_t.

Default Re: KXJB Gone from DirectTV

No doubt!!! i couldnt watch football !!! or ndsu women.........his lil ch 4 + 11 scam.aint workin so hot....either!!..what a joke.,,,

I went without channel 4 & 11 HD signals on cableone for what? 8 months?

Isn't the whole directive coming from Hoak Media, not necessarily Charlie Johnson?

533 In a row

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This isn't just the HD signal. Noooooooooooo

It's the entire CBS feed.

I'm sure that they picked the NFL playoffs as a good time to put the screws to us.

When they are done I can see the same thing for the NBC feed

Yes. I'm also pissed. And Mrs. Tatanka can't watch CSI: on thursday now. She's pissed.

I would like to get a list of channel 4 advertisers and call them to tell them i won't be frequenting their businesses, and that they maybe want to rethink advertising on a station that doesn't reach 25000 people via their preferred method anymore. Yeah, I could get some damn rabbit ears but then my DirecTiVo wouldn't work so what's the point. Plus, they're rabbit ears. Don't want to have SDSU paraphernalia in the house.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

pm me for a list of advertisers...

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I went without channel 4 & 11 HD signals on cableone for what? 8 months?

Isn't the whole directive coming from Hoak Media, not necessarily Charlie Johnson?
    I hear ya Road. That was terrible!

tatanka and others all you have to do is get a off air antenna it hooks right in to the direct tv reciever/dvr and it all record just fine...an off air antennas the only way to get locals in HD anyways so i dont see what the big deal is...

Doesn't direct charge like $5 extra for local channels. The locals should get a cut of that if Direct TV is going to charge for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Doesn't direct charge like $5 extra for local channels. The locals should get a cut of that if Direct TV is going to charge for it.
    I want to say Direct TV is charging $ 3 a month for locals, but since I do not pay for locals I could be wrong.

I knew all along that Direct TV locals were not in HD so I pick them up off air, on my HDTV, and on my computer through a TV Card. Mr comuter actually somedays works better than the big screen, not sure why its the same antenna.

Here is a link from the Direct TV site for their explaination of the KJZZ and KXJB issue. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...setId=P5370020