Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu Hockey Article!!!

Default Re: Ndsu Hockey Article!!!

After hearing about this, I decided to do a bit of research on my own. I decided to chat with a couple of big donors that I know, some of you may know the Rocky Hager thread, so....well, I pretty much got the NOT INTERESTED response, especially b/c the FB team needs to do SOMETHING first and foremost. End of story as far as I'm concerned, cash needs to come from somewhere..not gonna happen. Not that I know everybody that donates big cash, or the real deal makers, but I was just getting some opinions of some folks that do donate some serious cash. Maybe their opinions will change, who knows.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

There are many more big projects to get done before even thinking about hockey:

Football practice field
    Basketball Arena
    BSA
    Softball Field

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

Football practice field
    Basketball Arena
    BSA
    Softball Field

Agreed, a FB championship would help if you ask me, kind of like mission accomplished, let's move on.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

Football practice field
    Basketball Arena
    BSA
    Softball Field

I agree with that but that going to cost alot of money. The Rink is already built just buy some sticks N skates N go or just move the club team up from it's ranks do a slow build.

cant do that..... then we would want to play the team to the north
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
    I agree with that but that going to cost alot of money. The Rink is already built just buy some sticks N skates N go or just move the club team up from it's ranks do a slow build.
    So are you telling us that:
    A) sponsoring hockey scholarships is going to be cheap, or
    B) we should have DI hockey without the scholarships?

Quote Originally Posted by 90 BISON View Post
    So are you telling us that:
    A) sponsoring hockey scholarships is going to be cheap, or
    B) we should have DI hockey without the scholarships?
    A. sponsoring hockey won't be as expensive as building a 10-20 million dollar building
    B. There is enough talent around here to field a competitive team you don't have to go to canada look at UMD or Mankato, Bermidji.

C. after doing some research Forget the whole thing. UND is going to make sure we will not have DI Hockey team there is to much money that comes out of Fargo (2000 season ticket holders) and they are going to put Bermidji state in the WCHA so that will close the door on this whole argument because if we don't get to play against MN, ST. cloud or any other team in upper midwest it won't be worth it.

UND will eventually be the University of Michigan in DI AA that what sucks about the whole thing. Narrow minded will cost us.

AMEN BRO.

thats why we get a team NOW, with DEAN BLAIS HEADING IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
    A. sponsoring hockey won't be as expensive as building a 10-20 million dollar building
    B. There is enough talent around here to field a competitive team you don't have to go to canada look at UMD or Mankato, Bermidji.

C. after doing some research Forget the whole thing. UND is going to make sure we will not have DI Hockey team there is to much money that comes out of Fargo (2000 season ticket holders) and they are going to put Bermidji state in the WCHA so that will close the door on this whole argument because if we don't get to play against MN, ST. cloud or any other team in upper midwest it won't be worth it.

UND will eventually be the University of Michigan in DI AA that what sucks about the whole thing. Narrow minded will cost us.
    Because Michigan sucks in everything right?
    don't

Quote Originally Posted by cvbison1 View Post
    Because Michigan sucks in everything right?

Pretty much.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB