Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Campus Parking Wars

Default Re: Campus Parking Wars

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    It might seem like a bitch (and I still get plenty of tickets when I am up visiting folks on campus, pisses my wife off royally!) but the pay lot always has room in it.

Back in the mid-90s, I used and abused the hell out of the pay lot. At that time, they had an old feller who'd issue stubs and collect fees in the shack at the entrance. That feller would leave for the day at something like 5:00 p.m. sharp. I'd just pull into that lot on my way to the first class and get a stub. Then I'd make a point of actually staying on campus during the day. Almost everyday, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays, my last class would be after 5:00. I don't even remember there being any way to leave your fee if the old feller wasn't there, so I'd leave for free and get another stub again the next day. Couldn't believe that so few people did things that way - the lot was usually very open.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    Back in the mid-90s, I used and abused the hell out of the pay lot. At that time, they had an old feller who'd issue stubs and collect fees in the shack at the entrance. That feller would leave for the day at something like 5:00 p.m. sharp. I'd just pull into that lot on my way to the first class and get a stub. Then I'd make a point of actually staying on campus during the day. Almost everyday, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays, my last class would be after 5:00. I don't even remember there being any way to leave your fee if the old feller wasn't there, so I'd leave for free and get another stub again the next day. Couldn't believe that so few people did things that way - the lot was usually very open.
    I did the same thing on occasion. They started making you pre-pay at 3:30 or something like that, but not if you were there before. Sometimes I'd watch him from the CE building to make sure he had driven away.

The guy working in the booth went to high school with one of my professors. He'd always say that it was nice that they both ended up in higher education. lol I wonder if he lost his job when they went to the automated system?

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    I did the same thing on occasion. They started making you pre-pay at 3:30 or something like that, but not if you were there before. Sometimes I'd watch him from the CE building to make sure he had driven away.

The guy working in the booth went to high school with one of my professors. He'd always say that it was nice that they both ended up in higher education. lol I wonder if he lost his job when they went to the automated system?
    Ahh... another pupil who has received the wisdom of Dr. Andersen.

I remember when he told one of my classes the same story!
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Now that you bring up that 3:30 pre-pay deal, I remember that as well. Didn't know it's a automated now. I hope they didn't just lay him off when that happened. He was a pretty cool guy.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've got a friend who visits from UND, whenever he parks on campus, he finds a car with a parking ticket on it and puts it on his car! So when the rent-a-cops (oops i mean...parking enforcement) come by, they think that he has already gotten a ticket!
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    I've got a friend who visits from UND, whenever he parks on campus, he finds a car with a parking ticket on it and puts it on his car! So when the rent-a-cops (oops i mean...parking enforcement) come by, they think that he has already gotten a ticket!
    That sucks for the guy who doesn't know that he has a ticket. He might get towed the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post

Wow - I'd say that's more wronger than counterfeit permits. It's one thing to cheat the system - another altogether to include a personal victim in the scheme on top of the cheating.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    His name was George (if I remember right, I can still picture him) and he was a heck of a nice gentleman. Always in a good mood, had a TV in the booth, and liked to chat with folks. He was on campus a long, long time. I don't know what happened to him.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    His name was George (if I remember right, I can still picture him) and he was a heck of a nice gentleman. Always in a good mood, had a TV in the booth, and liked to chat with folks. He was on campus a long, long time. I don't know what happened to him.
    He also loved it when you gave him quarters as payment. Was always looking for more change.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

That sucks for the guy who doesn't know that he has a ticket. He might get towed the next time.
    No, they don't tow, just eventually mail the tickets to whoever owns the car.

So, if you parents own the car than Boom, Mommy and Daddy pay the parking tickets.

So, in the end they get their $$$$$.

Disclaimer*** this happened to LCbison in undergrad days before landing in the Hills