Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Parking Wars

Default Campus Parking Wars

Those ex-KGB agents known as parking police have been getting to me lately. I got through a good chunk of the semester without a ticket, but by the end, i was averaging more than a ticket a week. We gotta pay for parking at the Walman Wellness! Are the higher-ups trying to scare us away? Is high cholesterol suddenly a good thing???

If anyone has advice on how to beat these parking commis, id like to hear it. And i've heard some good stories from former students about showdowns/car chases/ect. with the parking police, so please share those stories too...

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Campus Parking Wars

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Those ex-KGB agents known as parking police have been getting to me lately. I got through a good chunk of the semester without a ticket, but by the end, i was averaging more than a ticket a week. We gotta pay for parking at the Walman Wellness! Are the higher-ups trying to scare us away? Is high cholesterol suddenly a good thing???

If anyone has advice on how to beat these parking commis, id like to hear it. And i've heard some good stories from former students about showdowns/car chases/ect. with the parking police, so please share those stories too...
    I was disappointed when the Wellness Center lot went to pay... forced me to start working out before 7am because I refuse to pay to park.

On another note, I recall a time when my buddy parked in the Dinan Hall Director's spot by the Union when he made a 5 minute trip into the MU.

He came back out to find the parking nazis there to ticket him, but for some strange reason, the hall director mediated and got him out of the ticket.

One of the weirder situations I've ever seen!
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Don't have any 'unreasonable nazi' stories from NDSU. OTOH, they're a different animal altogether up north. One time, I parked at a meter outside a dorm. Put one quarter in the machine, giving me 20 mins., IIRC. I came back out at about 18 minutes. A parking nazi was out there with his ticket book open and it looked to me like he was waiting for the last minute or so to tick away. We had a conversation.

Saw a campus cop who was doubleparked across a couple handicapped spots outside the CF Auditorium. He was out snooping around some cars. We had a conversation.

They're a little insane. That campus PD has had more than its fair share of scandals. They had one former ticket nazi come out of the closet and tell tales about the quotas they had to meet. They really know their nazism up there.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post

I got a lot of tickets, but it was still fun because I treated parking like a game. You have to determine if the nazis have a routine, then exploit it. I was able to park near Ladd Hall for part of the morning and then move my car to the CF lot for some of the afternoon. This worked ok for about a year. Another option is to cover your windows with snow so they can't see if you have permit or not (rarely works).

After a few semesters of tickets (totalling more then the cost of a parking permit), however, I decided to start finding out when permits went on sale and waited in line to get a permit at the Wellness Center.

I'm still waiting for an angry mob to flip the little meter car over.

Just out of curiosity, what is the fine for a general parking violation at NDSU?

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is the fine for a general parking violation at NDSU?
    $10 when I was there.

I had friends who would scan real parking permits and create fakes ones to use...His system worked well from 1998-2000. However, they have made them more sophisticated now, so they are much more difficult to duplicate.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    $10 when I was there.
    The University of Illinois and Illinois State are both $15. I was just curious if there was a difference.

I'll make sure and pass along all comments on this thread to a member of my family who's on the NDSU police force.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    I had friends who would scan real parking permits and create fakes ones to use...His system worked well from 1998-2000. However, they have made them more sophisticated now, so they are much more difficult to duplicate.
    Did these fake parking permits peal and fade in the sunlight? I know a guy who got busted using a fake permit. Looked really good at the start of the year but after a couple months the permit started to peel apart and that's when the Nazi's got him. it was a pretty big deal when he got busted, he almost got kicked out of school.