Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pre Season Poll

Default 2009 Pre Season Poll

I would like to thank all of you that sent messages after our loss last week. They were greatly appreciated.

I missed you guys so I thought I would come back for a bit to see where you thought UNI and NDSU might start the season out in the polls? I'm thnking UNI will be top 5. With all of you losses from 2008, (players not games!) I'm not sure you can crack the top 25. What do you think?

Do you like my avitar?

Default Re: 2009 Pre Season Poll

Hello.....

Seriously? Are you guys ignoring me?

No doubt UNI will get a top 5 ranking.

I think it is questionable that NDSU will make the top 25 in all polls, but might be #23-25 in some of them. With only 8 returning starters NDSU won't garner a lot of respect but our front line starters will be solid. Depth could be an issue so NDSU can not afford the same kind of year with injuries that happened this past season.

In the National Title game yesterday....D3, they stated that the two teams combines to have 11 out of a possible 44 starters return, and they ended up in the title game......I thought that was pretty interesting. I am hoping we can be one of those teams who can graduate a bunch of talent, but still find a way to improve. It won't be easy, but the class of kids that redshirted last year was amazing. If they can step in and play, that should add to the depth.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    In the National Title game yesterday....D3, they stated that the two teams combines to have 11 out of a possible 44 starters return, and they ended up in the title game......I thought that was pretty interesting. I am hoping we can be one of those teams who can graduate a bunch of talent, but still find a way to improve. It won't be easy, but the class of kids that redshirted last year was amazing. If they can step in and play, that should add to the depth.
    Just look at what Montana did this year. They graduated a ton of talent last year very similar to our situation now, and somehow ended up in the title game. Granted, they did make the playoffs the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Just look at what Montana did this year. They graduated a ton of talent last year very similar to our situation now, and somehow ended up in the title game. Granted, they did make the playoffs the year before.
    It's a good point...but Montana waltzes into the playoffs every year. It's why the Big Sky went to the 100% vote requirement for invitations to the conference. They're enjoying their king of the hill status, with rare challenges.

I agree about what they did this year though...losing many starters and coming back very strong.

We can do the same.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It's a good point...but Montana waltzes into the playoffs every year. It's why the Big Sky went to the 100% vote requirement for invitations to the conference. They're enjoying their king of the hill status, with rare challenges.

I agree about what they did this year though...losing many starters and coming back very strong.

We can do the same.

Things change, maybe Weber St. can keep it rolling and end Montana's run!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post

We can do the same.
    When you get to the point in your recruiting where you get the people you need for the future it creates great depth. So when people graduate you dont have to rebuild. You just reload.
    But to get into that position it takes alittle time.PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    When you get to the point in your recruiting where you get the people you need for the future it creates great depth. So when people graduate you dont have to rebuild. You just reload.
    But to get into that position it takes alittle time.PL
    Like the Bison used to do...like Oklahoma, USC, Texas, and other elite programs do.

Montana reloads, but the gun doesn't have to be very powerful in order to get to the playoffs.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.