Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: A.J. Westendorp

Default Re: A.J. Westendorp

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Obviously...if we weren't interested, we wouldn't have recruited them. I would hope that we explain these scenarios to the recruits. That would be a no-brainer. And I'm aware of the recruiting process all over the country.

""while the other prospects think that we don't really want them.""

This is what I was referring to.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    ""while the other prospects think that we don't really want them.""

This is what I was referring to.
    While the other prospects read and hear that AJ is our #1 choice and that we're waiting on him.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Here's a post on A.J. He's drawing more interest from instate (Mich). Stay on him!!! Sorry, my link didn't work. But you can copy and paste.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=832617

GO BISON!!!

g

im too broke to bribe him.. haha..

seriously .. what can we do?? the kid is waitin for the big boys... and as NDSU fans, its wierd, but we have to hope against the guy... so he lands here... crazy

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboy View Post
    Aj is interested in Medical engineering or something like that. Let me just say this is not an arrogant kid. He will not be the type that has to start right away. I know I probably gave that impression in an earlier post and I appologize if I sounded that way. To be sure he is very competitve and will want to start. Yet he is a humble kid and will expect to earn it. Keep in mind he backed up Kirk Cousins at HC when he was a soph. Kirk was the back up at Michigan State this year and many felt he should have started rather than Hoyer. I give you this background to tell you that AJ is going to be better (barring injury etc. he played the championship game with a broken bone in his foot)than Kirk. I have never seen a better decision maker on the field. The more responsibility he has to make decisions the better he will be.
    I'm SD born and raised. I e-mailed Stig about AJ but have heard nothing re. their recruiting him. I hope you guys get this kid I really believe with the right people around him you will win a championship or two. I also believe based on what your saying that ya got a shot at getting him too.
    We could use more of that. It would be nice to get a kid that would allow you to expand the playbook instead of contract it as the season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    We could use more of that. It would be nice to get a kid that would allow you to expand the playbook instead of contract it as the season goes on.
    Amen to that!!

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have from a good source that it isn't looking good on AJ. He is now leaning toward GVSU. Engineering program is solid, they run the spread, close to home and girlfriend is at nearby school. CMU and Miami of Ohio are also in the running. Not out of the question yet.

My "source" said that NDSU was awesome in their recruiting. They wanted him bad and did everything they could....and it may still work. Who knows. I just think that distance killed us. He would be a National Champ at NDSU, graduate with an awesome degree (in his chosen field) and play in front of thousands...not hundreds. Cross your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    I have from a good source that it isn't looking good on AJ. He is now leaning toward GVSU.
    I'm schocked.

The distance was probably part of the equation, but I think the WC offense was also based on AJ's comments to Hallstrom.

As I said before, I don't think Bohl can string this out much farther. Time to move on or the others may also slip away despite their best efforts.

Any of your sources have a hint on HS WR recruits? I am specifically thinking of Engel.

I believe as Bisonhusker stated that AJ will not be at NDSU. As a faraway fan of SDSU I am still quite disappointed for the Bison faithful. It is going to come down to GVSU, Miami of Ohio or CMU. I believe NDSU probably should move on now too.

If he was such a great decision maker he wouldn't be following his GF around MI to backwater DII schools. Next!