Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: A.J. Westendorp

Default Re: A.J. Westendorp

Anybody heard anymore about A.J? Still coming this weekend for a visit?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

pretty sure he is coming this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    pretty sure he is coming this weekend.
    There will be a bunch of empty coaches offices when he comes to visit, along with no basketball games. The dome will be in the process of setting up a huge stage for the AC/DC concert. Thank god the weather will be coming out of the deep freeze by then.

well, he is from Michigan, not Florida. We will have a new OC in place by this weekend, and a new line coach. We are still (to the best of my understanding) the highest ranked school that has offered him a full ride. Keep in mind this kid could get a full ride based on academics too....so who knows. I just know this kid is the one we need.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    There will be a bunch of empty coaches offices when he comes to visit, along with no basketball games. The dome will be in the process of setting up a huge stage for the AC/DC concert. Thank god the weather will be coming out of the deep freeze by then.
    Including the office of the coach that found him, recruited him & has the relationship with him. If I was him...I'd wonder what the f was going on here & skip the visit...he has the grades & score to get academic scholy's...I'd walk on at Michigan or Michigan State.

AC DC BABY!!

He'll sign no doubt!! watch some intro's of the NDSU games on films, see the office's, campus.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFB View Post
    Including the office of the coach that found him, recruited him & has the relationship with him. If I was him...I'd wonder what the f was going on here & skip the visit...he has the grades & score to get academic scholy's...I'd walk on at Michigan or Michigan State.
    The kid has a brain and he will understand coaching change. It is nothing new in the ranks of college coaches. They were not the first coaches to leave and won't be the last. Are you always so negative? The O coaches are in and replaced with good replacements. Plus the person who was going to be his qb coach if he signed would now be his OC.

I hope we get this kid, I think he could really get it done here. I like the smarts on the kid, You have to be able to think to play QB and not many people have the athletic ability and the smarts to do it. I think this kid does and I hope we get him.

You say negative? I say realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFB View Post
    If he's not smart enough to know about coaches moving up and what that's all about to take your advise then maybe we don't want him. Maybe he'd like to play football instead of riding the pine......

Ummm.....even if Nystrom was the coach that found him and built a relationship with him because he recruited in Michigan.......Coach Vigen is the QB coach, now the OC and always has been the recruiting coordinator. I am pretty comfortable with that.

I think the negative energy surrounding coach Nystrom leaving will soon pass. Sorry if he was family/friends, I know he is a great person and well respected.