Default Re: Winter Blizzard

Here is a good view for those warm weather people:

http://facilities-mgmt.ndsu.nodak.ed.../640x480h.html

533 In a row

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Flashbacks to 96'

I parked my pickup outside for 1 hour to get the snow removal equipment ready, and had a 3ft drift beside it!!!
    My older brother was here at NDSU in 96-97 so he knows all about that, my parents and I drove up here in the winter and saw all of the big difts.

I can see the China King and Fargo Theater in the background of The Weather Channel guy, doesnt look that bad in downtown, they should of stuck him out in the country.

Still not as bad as Jan '97. I was in a north-facing, 2nd floor room in Reed. I think there was more than an inch of ice covering the entire window and the radiator couldn't keep up the room's temp at all. I think everywhere in North Dakota had -60 windchills at some point and some areas hit -85 to -90.

edit: Guess I'm not the only one that remembers NDSU in '97.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can confirm the wind is from the north and freaking cold after drawing the short straw to make an "emergency run." 3 blocks on foot each way to SunMart

A few of the heavier streets are plowed, but side streets easily have a foot of snow.

If you had to be outside, it's bearable.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

i had to shovel through a 3 foot high drift in the backyard so the dogs could go to the bathroom. an hour later it had already filled in and then some. whatre the roads like across town?

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    i had to shovel through a 3 foot high drift in the backyard so the dogs could go to the bathroom. an hour later it had already filled in and then some. whatre the roads like across town?
    white

(sorry, its that kind of day.)

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In north Fargo, the main arteries have been plowed once, sidestreets are terrible. University, 10th, and Dakota Drive all looked good from my perspective.

Nothing without 4-wheel drive will make it through the sidestreets here.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My WIFE had to do the same thing - LOL - Its a mess here.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Just got a message on my cell phone. No school on monday for the Fargo public schools.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The drift is now waist deep in front of my house. I sure as heck hope that new snowblower in the garage works as it hasn't been tested in snow yet or the wife is going to have a sore back from shoveling.

Stay home and stay safe guys and gals!!!!!

Its now chest deep