Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Winter Blizzard

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Winter Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    do you really think they'll cancel school tomorrow?
    I could have hoped!
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Around Christmas the weather got really cold this winter. It's getting old. Red River Valley in jet stream hell. You watch the weather 50s in Montana 40s Western ND. The weather gods are to blame.
    El_Chapo was supposed to put that jet stream north of Winnipeg. We're waiting.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

We got more snow then we've had in years up here eh. Been spoiled the last few years. Every time the wind blows from here on out the roads are plugged eh. Hunker down eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    We got more snow then we've had in years up here eh. Been spoiled the last few years. Every time the wind blows from here on out the roads are plugged eh. Hunker down eh.
    Turtle Mountains area resident eh.
    Are the dark side stories about San Haven true?
    My Uncle was a patient there in the late 50s. TB. They took him out of there and brought him to Grand Forks. He passed away in St. Michaels Hospital on UNDs campus. His wife was Native American. From Walhalla.

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post
    Around Christmas the weather got really cold this winter. It's getting old. Red River Valley in jet stream hell. You watch the weather 50s in Montana 40s Western ND. The weather gods are to blame.
    El_Chapo was supposed to put that jet stream north of Winnipeg. We're waiting.
    If you look at records though Western ND has been hit with the cold as well, difference would be they tend to not get as cold as valley temps. I can't comment on MT but historically speaking that's been true. That from Glendive to Billings they can get downright balmy at times.

Bugs me about this year is it'll get "warm" for 2 days but it'll be blowing 30-40 mph so it still feels like 0d and I still have to shovel my sidewalk off a bit even though it didn't even snow. Friday/Saturday's wind left a good pile of snirt on my sidewalk. This yo yo between 30s and -20 sucks because know the wind comes with it. Just give me consistent -10 to 0s as lows in the morning and 10s-20s as highs I'll be happy. Oh and maybe a "warmish" sunny day not -20 sunny day like today! Throw in a week or so this time of year of -20 to -30 cold.

Curious to know what the heck our ancestors thought they got themselves into when they first moved here and experienced the first cruel winter. Especially say those from Germany/Ireland/England. Norwegians/Finns/Swedes probably had cold but not necessarily the wind?

It was pretty dry this summer down here. Will the snow be helpful up your way for improved soil moisture?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    If you look at records though Western ND has been hit with the cold as well, difference would be they tend to not get as cold as valley temps. I can't comment on MT but historically speaking that's been true. That from Glendive to Billings they can get downright balmy at times.

Bugs me about this year is it'll get "warm" for 2 days but it'll be blowing 30-40 mph so it still feels like 0d and I still have to shovel my sidewalk off a bit even though it didn't even snow. Friday/Saturday's wind left a good pile of snirt on my sidewalk. This yo yo between 30s and -20 sucks because know the wind comes with it. Just give me consistent -10 to 0s as lows in the morning and 10s-20s as highs I'll be happy. Oh and maybe a "warmish" sunny day not -20 sunny day like today! Throw in a week or so this time of year of -20 to -30 cold.

Curious to know what the heck our ancestors thought they got themselves into when they first moved here and experienced the first cruel winter. Especially say those from Germany/Ireland/England. Norwegians/Finns/Swedes probably had cold but not necessarily the wind?
    Ya, Manitobans were talking about early Scottish settlers by Winnipeg. What they say is " they must have gotten here in the summertime".

1812 the Scots got to Manitoba. The natives must have been OK with it. The natives knew how to survive winter.

Is calling Native Americans just Natives derogatory.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post
    Is calling Native Americans just Natives derogatory.
    Indigenous people eh Yeah I took the bait. You really should be the expert on the subject.

French were in the hills up here eh. They settled here because of the trees. It was something to make heat with anyway eh

Lardsin must go!

Indigenous people eh Yeah I took the bait. You really should be the expert on the subject.

French were in the hills up here eh. They settled here because of the trees. It was something to make heat with anyway eh
    Took you 25 minutes to take the bait. scottietohottie ? was the Fighting Sioux Nickname hostile and abusive?
    And it's where it belongs in the trash heep of history?