Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Proposes New Apartments

Default NDSU Proposes New Apartments

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...b4444627392766

North Dakota State University is proposing a $20 million campus apartment project that would alleviate a housing shortage. NDSU wants to build four new apartment buildings that would accommodate up to 800 students. The buildings, which would encompass 200,000 square feet, would be part of University Village along North University Drive.

NDSU will go to the state Board of Higher Education on Thursday to get permission to move forward with the project.

The request will then need approval from the Legislature. Janna Stoskopf, NDSU’s dean of student services, said the proposal will help the university’s housing shortage. This fall, with a record enrollment of 12,229 students, NDSU had more than 400 freshmen living in nine hotels.

The new apartment buildings, geared for upperclassmen, would free up space for freshmen in NDSU’s traditional residence halls, Stoskopf said. The earliest the new buildings could open is fall 2010 if NDSU gets approval for the project, she said......READ MORE!!

Sounds like a great idea to me....It's amazing how much NDSU has changed in my 5 years here. The grow has just be non-stop.
    "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Default Re: NDSU Proposes New Apartments

Hehe, it's a bargain! I mean, there are $20 million 4-bedroom apartments in Manhattan after all.

Anyway, I wonder how many units they are talking about? 200 x 1000 sq ft?

Any new housing is good housing in my book!

Living in UV doesn't count towards the requirement of living on campus, correct? If that is the case, they either need to build a new residence hall and NOT this, or build this and remove the requirement.

Any new housing will help.+++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    Living in UV doesn't count towards the requirement of living on campus, correct? If that is the case, they either need to build a new residence hall and NOT this, or build this and remove the requirement.
    I was thinking the same thing, but if they move upper classmen out of the dorms into this that would open the dorms up to freshmen.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They just want more room for incoming freshman, since they all are required to live on campus for their first year. I could actually see them turning one of the high rises or stockbridge into another First Year Experience Dorm where just freshman live.

This would be a nice addition to Bison Court, Niskanen, LLC, UV
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    They just want more room for incoming freshman, since they all are required to live on campus for their first year. I could actually see them turning one of the high rises or stockbridge into another First Year Experience Dorm where just freshman live.

This would be a nice addition to Bison Court, Niskanen, LLC, UV
    Actually you are correct, the high rises are going to be mostly freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Herd View Post
    http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...b4444627392766

North Dakota State University is proposing a $20 million campus apartment project that would alleviate a housing shortage. NDSU wants to build four new apartment buildings that would accommodate up to 800 students. The buildings, which would encompass 200,000 square feet, would be part of University Village along North University Drive.

NDSU will go to the state Board of Higher Education on Thursday to get permission to move forward with the project.

The request will then need approval from the Legislature. Janna Stoskopf, NDSU’s dean of student services, said the proposal will help the university’s housing shortage. This fall, with a record enrollment of 12,229 students, NDSU had more than 400 freshmen living in nine hotels.

The new apartment buildings, geared for upperclassmen, would free up space for freshmen in NDSU’s traditional residence halls, Stoskopf said. The earliest the new buildings could open is fall 2010 if NDSU gets approval for the project, she said......READ MORE!!

Sounds like a great idea to me....It's amazing how much NDSU has changed in my 5 years here. The grow has just be non-stop.
    Surprised nobody noticed the error in the article above. I called Amy D., the columnist, and informed her of the mistake. Enrollment was off by 1000 as the article orginally listed 12,329. I suggested she at least correct the online version.....she did and it now says:
    "This fall, with a record enrollment of 13,229 students, NDSU had more than 400 freshmen living in nine hotels."

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Surprised nobody noticed the error in the article above. I called Amy D., the columnist, and informed her of the mistake. Enrollment was off by 1000 as the article orginally listed 12,329. I suggested she at least correct the online version.....she did and it now says:
    "This fall, with a record enrollment of 13,229 students, NDSU had more than 400 freshmen living in nine hotels."
    I thought something looked strange...must not have been thinking clearly!!
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

I thought living in UV did count as living on campus? When I attended america's college, UV was monitored and patrolled just as the high rises were. I had plenty of pals who had beer confiscated and who were given MIP's in the UV by hall staff.