Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison with Long road to hoe

Default Re: Bison with Long road to hoe

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    That's the biggest piece of BS I've seen on this board in a long time. Do you think your coach watched the SIU tape? If you have a chance to put a team away you do it.
    23-3 at the half.....who could stay awake? With our D and your QB, is was over and we put it in cruise....

Quote Originally Posted by Run&Blade View Post
    You were put away.
    By 10 points. Big woo. The way you guys are talking it should have been a 50 point blow out at your sacred dome. It wasn't. you amassed a total of 50 yards from scrimmage in the second half and lost your QB. 4th and goal from the 46 and punt? That's got to be some kind of D1 record. Happy for ya... Go look at the stats for the game and you'll see that you guys won, but you weren't that good. Completely stuffed int he 2nd half. That ought to be a concern for you. I'll guarantee you that wasn't some Farley master plan. What a goof you are to suggest that was what he was thinking all along. Get real...

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Time to hand out an award. PantherHawk Says Hey Spud, it is my pleasure to award you the DaveK Assclown trophy, you've earned it buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Time to hand out an award. PantherHawk Says Hey Spud, it is my pleasure to award you the DaveK Assclown trophy, you've earned it buddy.

Geez.....I saw enough of those wearing green and yellow at the UNI-Dome Sat night to last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherHawk Says Hey Spud View Post
    Geez.....I saw enough of those wearing green and yellow at the UNI-Dome Sat night to last a lifetime.

I'd hit it.

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I REALLY DRINK THE GREEN AND GOLD KOOL-AID....I beleive that NDSU is a few mistakes away from being 7-0. We can compete, they just need to play like a team and each one needs to play to his potential. This is why Bohl chose them.
    To the Herd!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VanClubPres View Post
    I REALLY DRINK THE GREEN AND GOLD KOOL-AID....I beleive that NDSU is a few mistakes away from being 7-0. We can compete, they just need to play like a team and each one needs to play to his potential. This is why Bohl chose them.
    a lot of teams could say that in every level of football, yes we could be 7-0, could also bet 6-1, 5-2, 4-3, or even 2-5 (if we don't come back vs SIU)....so honestly we're in every game and like bohl constantly says we need to win that Turnover Margin/battle and if we do that in the other games I think we pull a couple more wins, for an example SIU, we played BISON football in the 2nd half and if we play like that every game, we're one hell of a football team

GO BISON!!!!
    "We All From Africa"

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    My wife and I traveled down and went to the UNI game.

Something a lot of people probably don't want to hear but we are a long way off before we can field a team to compete with UNI.

UNI has the best coach/coaching staff in the conference. It will take us four good recruiting classes to even get close to the talent they have. They are playing a lot of young players this year and will be much better next year.

UNI will have a legitimate shot at winning it all next year. Their o-line/d-line dominated us. We don't have a playmaker on offense like #4.

If you went position by position we would have very few players that could start for that squad. Also they had guys get hurt. Or even a few back-ups starting. They didn't miss a beat...

It was a real eye opener for me. It gives us something to shoot for but as of right now we need to start this spring with a major recruiting class. We don't need another RB from Fargo South. We need a playmaker from Florida/Texas a game changer...

Just my humble opinon..anyone else who was at the game see what I saw??
    I've read everything in this thread and I'm sorry but Steelbison makes alot of sense. Yes we've only lost those 4 games by like 26 points. No we are not getting blown out but that doesn't mean there aren't things that need to be fixed drastically. Yes QB play has been picked apart and that is not up to par. O line play is even worse. And the worst thing about those two positions is apparently there is very little depth there right now or we would have seen more changes.

And to be honest depth overall needs to be improved. It has improved so much in the last few years but to be consistent in this league we've got to have alot more depth. If you lose a key contributor for 3 weeks you've got to have someone step in a barely miss a beat. That's where we are missing out right now. We have had more than our share of injuries this year (it's probably evened out though with the last two years), but our subs have not been able to step in as well. If you look at UNI, they lost Lewis for a couple weeks and was still not back 100% on Sat but they barely suffered because of it. No offense to our other backs but if Roehl goes down, our running game suffers much more than if Lewis went down for UNI.

And as far as a playmaker, it's hard to tell this year if we have any. Since for example Oline play can affect the running game, which can affect the passing game, which affects the playcalling it is really tough to tell right now. I agree I don't see one right now, but I'm willing to wait and see on this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I've read everything in this thread and I'm sorry but Steelbison makes alot of sense. Yes we've only lost those 4 games by like 26 points. No we are not getting blown out but that doesn't mean there aren't things that need to be fixed drastically. Yes QB play has been picked apart and that is not up to par. O line play is even worse. And the worst thing about those two positions is apparently there is very little depth there right now or we would have seen more changes.

And to be honest depth overall needs to be improved. It has improved so much in the last few years but to be consistent in this league we've got to have alot more depth. If you lose a key contributor for 3 weeks you've got to have someone step in a barely miss a beat. That's where we are missing out right now. We have had more than our share of injuries this year (it's probably evened out though with the last two years), but our subs have not been able to step in as well. If you look at UNI, they lost Lewis for a couple weeks and was still not back 100% on Sat but they barely suffered because of it. No offense to our other backs but if Roehl goes down, our running game suffers much more than if Lewis went down for UNI.

And as far as a playmaker, it's hard to tell this year if we have any. Since for example Oline play can affect the running game, which can affect the passing game, which affects the playcalling it is really tough to tell right now. I agree I don't see one right now, but I'm willing to wait and see on this.

No way to both of you.

This Bison team has loads of talent.....just as much as UNI or any other team in the MV. They are just underachieving this year.

No one in this conference is head-and-shoulders above us. Injuries, turnovers and inconsistent play has plagued the Bison. No way are we "out-talented"...no way.

I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    No way to both of you.

This Bison team has loads of talent.....just as much as UNI or any other team in the MV. They are just underachieving this year.

No one in this conference is head-and-shoulders above us. Injuries, turnovers and inconsistent play has plagued the Bison. No way are we "out-talented"...no way.

I disagree
    I cannot agree that "underachieving" and "injuries, turnovers and inconsistent play" are not related to a team's talent. Football talent is about much more than running fast or having good balance. Injuries happen to every team but the good teams have enough backup talent to still be competent at those positions. Turnovers and inconsistent play? Since when are those critical aspects of football not related to football talent? SU is losing games because of the things you have mentioned and I don't believe they are inseparable from talent. .