Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison with Long road to hoe

Default Re: Bison with Long road to hoe

As long as we're trying to hoe roads you can't expect much of a crop. Maybe if we put all or efforts into hoeing rows instead we'll have better results.

Idioms are fun. I just learned 'Bob's your Uncle' yesterday. And that deal about looking in a horse's mouth? Who knew what that was all about?

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-21-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Idioms
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    My wife and I traveled down and went to the UNI game.

Something a lot of people probably don't want to hear but we are a long way off before we can field a team to compete with UNI.

UNI has the best coach/coaching staff in the conference. It will take us four good recruiting classes to even get close to the talent they have. They are playing a lot of young players this year and will be much better next year.

UNI will have a legitimate shot at winning it all next year. Their o-line/d-line dominated us. We don't have a playmaker on offense like #4.

If you went position by position we would have very few players that could start for that squad. Also they had guys get hurt. Or even a few back-ups starting. They didn't miss a beat...

It was a real eye opener for me. It gives us something to shoot for but as of right now we need to start this spring with a major recruiting class. We don't need another RB from Fargo South. We need a playmaker from Florida/Texas a game changer...

Just my humble opinon..anyone else who was at the game see what I saw??
    I completely disagree with a lot of what you posted. Corey Lewis will be one tough back to replace. He's been a solid back for NIU and they'll really miss him next year.

Turnovers lost that game for NDSU. Look at what happened at the SIU/NIU game a few weeks earlier and compare it to the NDSU/NIU game. Both road teams lost the turnover battle 5 to 1. You can't give the ball up that many times and expect to win many conference games, especially on the road. Does that mean that Southern Illinois is light years ahead of Northern Iowa? No! Northern Iowa isn't light years ahead of NDSU either.

Hate to nit pick, but you don't hoe "roads". Your title should read 'Long "ROW" to hoe. He he.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I completely disagree with a lot of what you posted. Corey Lewis will be one tough back to replace. He's been a solid back for NIU and they'll really miss him next year.

Turnovers lost that game for NDSU. Look at what happened at the SIU/NIU game a few weeks earlier and compare it to the NDSU/NIU game. Both road teams lost the turnover battle 5 to 1. You can't give the ball up that many times and expect to win many conference games, especially on the road. Does that mean that Southern Illinois is light years ahead of Northern Iowa? No! Northern Iowa isn't light years ahead of NDSU either.
    Dude, why act like you something about UNI FB when you don't? CLew sprained his ankle 2 weeks ago, didn't play last week and was probably about 70% against you. We have The Law back next year...in case you didn't notice, he did most of the pounding during the game--hope "diesel" learned a thing or two--especially in that last dagger drive. We are very deep and young at RB and 4 of our 5 OL are new starters this year. Give them this season's experience, and next year The Law & Co. will rock.

As for the SIU game, by far our worst 1/2 of football of the year. I believe we were down 24-0 at half, came back and tied it 24-24 in the 4th, then drove to their 5 and fumbled, they kicked the FG and won 27-24.....in Carbondale.....will you guys burn Fargo when/if you get your first Valley road win? LMAO!!

UNI lost a ton from last year, 2 offensive lineman were drafted by NFL teams. Their QB was the runner-up for the Payton award. A 3rd lineman gone was an all-american, and they lost another all-american on defense.

The teams that give UNI fits are the teams that pass every down. Running the ball on them is music to UNI's ears.

UNI IMO could have scored a lot more in the 2nd half but their coach had a nice lead and sat on it. Basically saying, catch up and we will crank it up again.

If your secondary was that slow last year UNI would have passed over the top and rolled like a freight train. UNI tends to take sprinters and turn them into WR. More then a few have played on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherHawk Says Hey Spud View Post
    Dude, why act like you something about UNI FB when you don't? CLew sprained his ankle 2 weeks ago, didn't play last week and was probably about 70% against you. We have The Law back next year...in case you didn't notice, he did most of the pounding during the game--hope "diesel" learned a thing or two--especially in that last dagger drive. We are very deep and young at RB and 4 of our 5 OL are new starters this year. Give them this season's experience, and next year The Law & Co. will rock.

As for the SIU game, by far our worst 1/2 of football of the year. I believe we were down 24-0 at half, came back and tied it 24-24 in the 4th, then drove to their 5 and fumbled, they kicked the FG and won 27-24.....in Carbondale.....will you guys burn Fargo when/if you get your first Valley road win? LMAO!!
    You're right. I'm sure Lewis will not be missed by the Pansy faithful. What was I thinking. Yeah, awesome 2.something yards per carry for your boy Law on Saturday. That's getting it done!

You still lost to SIU because of turnovers, which is exactly why we lost to you.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Run&Blade View Post
    UNI lost a ton from last year, 2 offensive lineman were drafted by NFL teams. Their QB was the runner-up for the Payton award. A 3rd lineman gone was an all-american, and they lost another all-american on defense.

The teams that give UNI fits are the teams that pass every down. Running the ball on them is music to UNI's ears.

UNI IMO could have scored a lot more in the 2nd half but their coach had a nice lead and sat on it. Basically saying, catch up and we will crank it up again.

If your secondary was that slow last year UNI would have passed over the top and rolled like a freight train. UNI tends to take sprinters and turn them into WR. More then a few have played on Sundays.
    That's the biggest piece of BS I've seen on this board in a long time. Do you think your coach watched the SIU tape? If you have a chance to put a team away you do it.

OK, listen up UNI fans, yes you won, we're happy for you and we get it how you all were a little pissed about NDSU being picked to win the Valley. It's not like NDSU charged in said FU boys, there's a new sherrif in town. But to come over here and make it sound like UNI is the second coming and they took it easy on the Bison, pull your head out of your ass and come back when you are ready to talk. Christ, I would have thought UNI fans would be smarter than what they are showing here but then again they are from Iowa........

You're right. I'm sure Lewis will not be missed by the Pansy faithful. What was I thinking. Yeah, awesome 2.something yards per carry for your boy Law on Saturday. That's getting it done!

You still lost to SIU because of turnovers, which is exactly why we lost to you.

UNI scored a lot of points at Southern when they didn't turn the ball over. I didn't see a lot of points scored by the Bison on Saturday period.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    That's the biggest piece of BS I've seen on this board in a long time. Do you think your coach watched the SIU tape? If you have a chance to put a team away you do it.

OK, listen up UNI fans, yes you won, we're happy for you and we get it how you all were a little pissed about NDSU being picked to win the Valley. It's not like NDSU charged in said FU boys, there's a new sherrif in town. But to come over here and make it sound like UNI is the second coming and they took it easy on the Bison, pull your head out of your ass and come back when you are ready to talk. Christ, I would have thought UNI fans would be smarter than what they are showing here but then again they are from Iowa........

You were put away.

It was 3.0, Cupcake, but who cares, he is averaging over 4 ypc in his career:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=172088

If he were our feature back, he would go over 1000 this year. With an experienced OL next year, 1250 to 1400.