Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: chop block

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: chop block

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    It should never happen. Our guys should know better.
    Well of course they know that it's illegal. And I am pretty sure that it is never done intentionally. The issue is how is it happening?? Did anybody while watching it on TV happen to see what happened?? This just doesn't happen on a running play up the middle. More than anything else that's going on with our team, I'd really like to know what's going on with this.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our guy didn't do anything illegal. Our right tackle came in and cut the d-fensive tackle...He was not engaged..A very legal play. I recorded the game and have watched this play several times.

We were jobbed...plain and simple. Not that the refs cost us the game. But that call prevented us from having an oppourtunity to win the game.

Our player cut his man which is what he is supposed to do on the play.

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMc34 View Post
    you can cut somebody, 1. if they aren't engaged with another player 2. if they are inside the "free blocking zone" ie inside the tackles
    The chop block was called for a high/low. The free blocking zone does not apply.

The chop block call was bad, the there was no other offensive player engaged with the WIU player, I dont know what the Ref's were looking at, but that was a 100% legal play.

Also, the pass interferance call I think was more because the D-Back, I forget at the moment who it was, didnt turn and look at the ball.

The Crew for the game on Saturday was bad, I had better crews when I was playing middle school football.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    The chop block call was bad, the there was no other offensive player engaged with the WIU player, I dont know what the Ref's were looking at, but that was a 100% legal play.

Also, the pass interferance call I think was more because the D-Back, I forget at the moment who it was, didnt turn and look at the ball.

The Crew for the game on Saturday was bad, I had better crews when I was playing middle school football.
    I was hoping someone that taped the game could go over that pass interferance call. I might have blinked once at the wrong time, but nobody in our section felt it was pass interferance ( Call around the 10 yard line on the north end) again, not blaming the refs, the band, the concessions guy, dome security, shoe shine guy, janitor, catering dude, pizza dude, lakesbison, herd mentality (well maybe) etc for the loss, just thought some of the calls were very questionable this game.

Start the clock on my whistle...

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes the Pass Interference call was completely legit as our DB never turned his head and was a very easy face guarding call. As far as the chop block I am extremely disappointed if what you guys say is true, that it was just a cut block.

i thought that was easily pass interference, the db wasn't even looking for the ball at all

I agree that was a good call
    not a good play

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Yes the Pass Interference call was completely legit as our DB never turned his head and was a very easy face guarding call. As far as the chop block I am extremely disappointed if what you guys say is true, that it was just a cut block.
    im not sure that there is such a thing as face gaurding, it sure seemed to me there was little contact made on that play and the worst part the freaking primary official on the call didnt make it the Backjudge did. Thats what kills me how does the guy 3 feet away see nothing wrong with the play but a guy from the middle of the field chucks a flag?
    NDSU Van Club

Lakesbison may be an idiot, but in the end he's our idiot.

Can we pretend that Jose Mohler passes are like shooting stars, cuz I would wish for a new O coordinator.