Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The State of Bison Nation:

Talking The State of Bison Nation:

obviously disapointed and frustrated as most every bison fan is, the season is not over. I won't disagree with the other posts regarding certain areas of our game but it's time to rally around what we do have. Fortionately, we have coach Bohl in our corner and some great players that arent going to give up. Coach Bohl has proven to be able to get the most out of our players. History is the past, the remaining games are our future. Nothing we can do to change what has already happened. Lets encourage and support our team. I am attending the game in Northern Iowa and for a second contiplated not going. I along with five buddies will be there in full force to rally behind them. With an incredible conferance, the days of running the table are something of the past. It's time to strap in on and go out there and kick some butt! Let's go bison!!!!!!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The State of Bison Nation:

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfreak View Post
    Fortionately, we have coach Bohl in our corner and some great players that arent going to give up. Coach Bohl has proven to be able to get the most out of our players.
    Bohl ain't getting it done this year, sorry to say that, but its true. You can't look at this team and the mistakes they make over and over and think this is a well coached team.

I couldn't make the game, so I watched on TV. I was completely disgusted with Bohl's smile and politician like attitude with the interview at halftime. That seems to be the tone for the season.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Same post again. I hope that no one gets hurt jumping off the bandwagon. That is ok...it makes room for the rest of us.
    To the Herd!!!!

This isn't all the coach's fault...part.

Players play the game and maybe we don't have the best players in the game. They put Preston in at LB and he played pretty well....keep him in. Henry is not getting it done at MLB. In a 4-3 the defense is geared for the MLB to make a lot of plays and Henry got pancaked on more than one occasion yesterday just like last week....keep Preston in there.

IMO, Bohl is a good coach but the offense is way too predictable....mix up the play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by VanClubPres View Post
    Same post again. I hope that no one gets hurt jumping off the bandwagon. That is ok...it makes room for the rest of us.
    There is nothing wrong with fans questioning their team and how they play or do not play.

Its frustrating for all of us Bison fans. I don't think its that we are losing games. My group was talking after the game and we can all handle losing if we play our best and we just get beat by a better team. However, that's not what is happening this year. Our play in our 3 losses has been far from our best - whether its penalties, overconfidence, no fire, missed plays, who knows what, but we have some serious issues. Either we are underachieving, which is not good, or we are just that bad, which is probably worse. That is what the frustrating part is - not that we're 3-3, but the way we've played to get 3-3. I'm a Bison fan for life and I'll keep going to the games and cheering them on, but it's definitely a struggle to find the positives right now. We're heading to UNI next weekend, so hopefully we can somehow turn the season around. The Bison pretty much need to be in "playoff" mode right now for the rest of the season - a loss and the season is over.

I have read this forum for years but never joined. The bottom line is the Offensive Line is truley pathetic. I laugh every year how Coach Bohl says that the Offensive Line is the "best we have had since he was the coach". I truly think that is bogus. This is the first year that no Bruce Saum offensive lineman are on the team and I think this says a lot about how good of a job the old coaching staff did recruiting. We have become predictable because the Offensive Line isn't getting it done. Mertens is struggling because the Offensive Line can't protect. If you think I'm off my rocker on this, ask Peyton Manning how important Offensive Line is. I truly think this is the weakest Offensive Line we have had in a LONG TIME! Tyler Roehl is the reason why we are 3-3 right now instead of 2-4. I hope the O-Line starts playing with a nastiness and physical nature we are used to watching.

For those of you saying that these players are getting a FREE education, you make me sick. IT IS NOT FREE! There is a HUGE price to pay and I get tired of people saying it is free. It isn't at all.

We are playing very undisciplined right now which is not a reflection of years past. I don't know what has happened but we need to get back to the basics.

Sorry for my long rant, but I bleed Green and Gold and I am very passionate but we need to take a step back and look at reality. We are a .500 football team and we aren't going to be any better than that if we continue to make the mistakes we have because we aren't good enough to overcome them!

This is the nature of the beast in college sports, good and great players here today, and gone tomorrow. It is very difficult to maintain a high level of play three years in a row. Not saying its impossible by any means, but most college programs have "down" years every now and then. I think we lack true leadership this season, no one has truly stepped up to lead this team (other than Roehl) on both sides of the ball. Last year we had that on both sides in Walker, and Mays, not to mention Nate Safe and others.... Our seniors just don't seem to have that fire! Another issue is penalties/discipline, this has to be on the coaching staff because it keeps happening game after game, don't get me wrong I still love Bohl, but this one is on them! Another problem is special teams. Our formerly reliable kicker has a serious case of the misses right now, and we just seem to miss blocks and assignments that cost us major points on the board. To put it mildly we have LOTS to work on and not a lot of time to clean up the errors, so all in all I have serious doubts about our future this year. This is not giving up on the team (so save the comments), its looking at the realities of the situation at hand without rose colored glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by VanClubPres View Post
    Ain't jumping of the bandwagon, but play calling sure looked alot like the previous coach.