Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Field Goals the last three games

Default Re: Field Goals the last three games

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Giving the team field position at the 30
    is not good. The 20 is acceptable.
    What I dont get is at times he kicks the ball into the end zone. Other times they are fielding the ball on the 20. Hey there isnt any wind in the dome that I know of. PL

Had you personally been there / done that today, you might actually know what you're talking about. For many aspects of today's game, the team blew on one side and sucked when on the other. Atmospheric conditions on the field varied drastically and it DID obviously affect the outcome of the game. That pick that ended the last drive? You guessed it. The field goal that barely made it over the bar? Yepper - you got it. The missed extra point? is all I have to say.

*it was worse than kitty litter
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    Had you personally been there / done that today, you might actually know what you're talking about. For many aspects of today's game, the team blew on one side and sucked when on the other. Atmospheric conditions on the field varied drastically and it DID obviously affect the outcome of the game. That pick that ended the last drive? You guessed it. The field goal that barely made it over the bar? Yepper - you got it. The missed extra point? is all I have to say.

*it was worse than kitty litter

Who would have guessed that the dome has "wind gnomes" LOL
    Obviously good ones and bad as well. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I agree whole heartedly. Bibeau is the one guy I have no faith in at all.

That missed x-point really hurt.....along with that blocked punt for a td.

Special teams is a definite weak spot right now

I think the k/p positions are very much undervalued...there isn't really such a thing as a kicking coach and yet these positions can win or lose games for us!

I do want to mention/remind about the Austin P game...Bibeau saved us from a couple touchdowns on the return...he was the last man to get through and he caught them & got the tackles...I think he could be great if he could get some more coaching....but I suppose there isn't a budget for that.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That blocked punt totally killed us! That was the biggest mistake of the game. How in the hell does one guy run though three of our blockers!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    That blocked punt totally killed us! That was the biggest mistake of the game. How in the hell does one guy run though three of our blockers!
    Yeah, that was ugly!

There were minimum 100 different things that could've changed the outcome of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    We've had crappy kicking for years, I mean years. Watch the '90 championship game. We need a soccer kicker, can't one of the soccer guys cross over???? Thats how we did it at NERSM.
    I would have to say that Aaron Pederson in the late 90's early 00's wasn't a crappy kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Name one team in all of football that keeps their opponents inside the 20 on kickoffs. There is not one team that I know of. Even as good as WIU's kicker was our average was probably around the 35/40 yard line.

I agree with much of what you post on here, but this time I think you're a bit out of touch here. The have consistently been moving kickoffs back and since then it is next to impossible to keep a good Kickoff returner inside the 30 yard line.
    I think that 40 yard line placement after a kickoff out of bounds penalty takes into account that the average field postition is likely the 25 or 30 yard line. So, tacking on 10 or so (to "penalize" the kicking team places the ball at the 40). That's the rationale I've always used.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFB View Post
    I think the k/p positions are very much undervalued...there isn't really such a thing as a kicking coach and yet these positions can win or lose games for us!

I do want to mention/remind about the Austin P game...Bibeau saved us from a couple touchdowns on the return...he was the last man to get through and he caught them & got the tackles...I think he could be great if he could get some more coaching....but I suppose there isn't a budget for that.
    Ya, he should make those tackles......should also make 2 x-points and 3 makeable fgs

The missed extra point is unexcuseable. That kick was so botched it was down right embarassing.

If there would have been a 50 mph wind gust from West he probably would have made it. That's how screwed up that kick was. Frustrating!!!!!!!