Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Field Goals the last three games

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Field Goals the last three games

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    WTF......WIU's kicker consistently put the ball in the end zone. Bibeau can barely get it to the 10.

I posted earlier in the year that the punt formation was going to bite us in the ass and.....well....it cost us the game
    yet he comes out towards the end of halftime and is nailing 40-45 yarders.......WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    That punt was blocked due to a missed block. Whether you do that on the line of scrimmage or in the backfield is normally going to end up with a blocked punt. In my opinion the formation had very little to do with the blocked punt.

Give Bibeau a hard time if you want but I thought because of our kick coverage today that the Kickoff team did a fine job today, which does include Bibeau. I'm guessing the average start on kickoffs was around the 30 today. I would think that any team would take that.

The FG's/XP's though are another story and I wish I knew the answer to that.
    Giving the team field position at the 30
    is not good. The 20 is acceptable.
    What I dont get is at times he kicks the ball into the end zone. Other times they are fielding the ball on the 20. Hey there isnt any wind in the dome that I know of. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Giving the team field position at the 30
    is not good. The 20 is acceptable.
    What I dont get is at times he kicks the ball into the end zone. Other times they are fielding the ball on the 20. Hey there isnt any wind in the dome that I know of. PL
    Name one team in all of football that keeps their opponents inside the 20 on kickoffs. There is not one team that I know of. Even as good as WIU's kicker was our average was probably around the 35/40 yard line.

I agree with much of what you post on here, but this time I think you're a bit out of touch here. The have consistently been moving kickoffs back and since then it is next to impossible to keep a good Kickoff returner inside the 30 yard line.

Start recruiting now. He is a junior and NOT cutting it. Seriously. A PAT??? Come on. He has been brutal. I think they should remove his scholarship and allow for an open competition next year. He has not improved in 3 years. This is D1 athletics. He should be happy with 3 years of a free education. I could be wrong, but I think we have 2 scholarships into punters right now and one on a kicker. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Name one team in all of football that keeps their opponents inside the 20 on kickoffs. There is not one team that I know of. Even as good as WIU's kicker was our average was probably around the 35/40 yard line.

I agree with much of what you post on here, but this time I think you're a bit out of touch here. The have consistently been moving kickoffs back and since then it is next to impossible to keep a good Kickoff returner inside the 30 yard line.

I watched abunch of football on TV today and there were more returns to the 20 and 25 than the 30 IMO. Even kicking the ball to the goal line they dont usually get past the 20 unless the runner breaks a few tackles. Heck if they are going to let the runner get to the 30 or 35 they may as well just squib kick it. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

For my halloween costume this year, I'm going to dress up as Bibeau with a garden hose dangling out of my right pant leg.

Sorry, I stole that from Common.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Start recruiting now. He is a junior and NOT cutting it. Seriously. A PAT??? Come on. He has been brutal. I think they should remove his scholarship and allow for an open competition next year. He has not improved in 3 years. This is D1 athletics. He should be happy with 3 years of a free education. I could be wrong, but I think we have 2 scholarships into punters right now and one on a kicker. Fun.
    I agree whole heartedly. Bibeau is the one guy I have no faith in at all.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any punt/pass/kick champs? This would solve a lot of our headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    We've had crappy kicking for years, I mean years. Watch the '90 championship game. We need a soccer kicker, can't one of the soccer guys cross over???? Thats how we did it at NERSM.
    Crappy kicking for years? I thought Pederson was pretty good.

FIELD GOAL ATTEMPTS
    Career: 63, Aaron Pederson (42 made), 1998-01

He doesn't have the record for longest made, but I'm pretter sure I saw him hit a 50+ yrd field goal in the dome.

EXTRA POINT KICK ATTEMPTS
    Career:
    182, Aaron Pederson (178 made),1998-01

LEADING SCORERS

Year Player TD PAT-1 PAT-2 FG Pts
    2007 Tyler Roehl 21 0 0 0 126
    2006 Shawn Bibeau 0 44 0 16 92
    2005 Kyle Steffes 14 0 0 0 84
    2004 Kyle Steffes 13 0 0 0 78
    2003 Rod Malone 18 0 0 0 108
    2002 Cory Vartanian 0 21 0 8 45
    2001 Lamar Gordon 11 0 0 0 66
    2000 Lamar Gordon 23 0 0 0 138
    1999 Lamar Gordon 22 0 0 0 132

1998 Aaron Pederson 0 41 0 11 74

Oh yeah...he did double duty

TOP FIVE CAREER PUNTERS
    Name No. Yds. Avg.*
    1. Mike Dragosavich, 2004- 158 7,025 44.46
    2. Aaron Pederson, 1998-01 175 7,318 41.8
    3. John Bonicelli, 2002-03 103 4,204 40.8
    4. John Torrance, 1994-97 150 6,043 40.3

5. Doug Schlosser, 1979-81 149 5,885 39.5

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    We've had crappy kicking for years, I mean years. Watch the '90 championship game. We need a soccer kicker, can't one of the soccer guys cross over???? Thats how we did it at NERSM.
    Brings a couple movies to mind...
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB