Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Field Goals the last three games

Default Field Goals the last three games

Our field goals the last three games have been so substandard should tryouts be held? An extra point was missed today, along with other field goals. These are critical points.

Last week three were missed. What the hell is going on? We need someone we can depend on. I understand if a few 3 pointers are missed for the season, but.......... every game.

Default Re: Field Goals the last three games

The kick offs for the most part have been below average as well.

Can't our punter kick off, at least?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Do kickers get scholarships now a days??

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    Do kickers get scholarships now a days??
    Good ones do. But I think alot of school want them to walk on and then earn a scholly. IMO they win games and you need to recruit one. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

We've had crappy kicking for years, I mean years. Watch the '90 championship game. We need a soccer kicker, can't one of the soccer guys cross over???? Thats how we did it at NERSM.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

WTF......WIU's kicker consistently put the ball in the end zone. Bibeau can barely get it to the 10.

I posted earlier in the year that the punt formation was going to bite us in the ass and.....well....it cost us the game

our kicker is on scholorship
    right out of high school

I don't care we lost by more than 1, cut him or kick his A**, he sucks right now.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    WTF......WIU's kicker consistently put the ball in the end zone. Bibeau can barely get it to the 10.

I posted earlier in the year that the punt formation was going to bite us in the ass and.....well....it cost us the game
    That punt was blocked due to a missed block. Whether you do that on the line of scrimmage or in the backfield is normally going to end up with a blocked punt. In my opinion the formation had very little to do with the blocked punt.

Give Bibeau a hard time if you want but I thought because of our kick coverage today that the Kickoff team did a fine job today, which does include Bibeau. I'm guessing the average start on kickoffs was around the 30 today. I would think that any team would take that.

The FG's/XP's though are another story and I wish I knew the answer to that.

On a positive note, we probably won the field position battle today!