Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Official Gameday Thread: NDSU vs WIU 3pm kickoff

Default Re: Official Gameday Thread: NDSU vs WIU 3pm kickoff

How about one play at a time....
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought our defense played a very very good game today, minus the one huge play that from what I heard was mainly a mis-alignment by one of the safeties. Unfortunately that team was just as good as ours and they made the big plays that a team needs to win an evenly matched game.

We do need to figure out how to block a 3-4 defense. We haven't had much if any success against the 3-4. Same defense UND ran that we had no success against. Even last week we didn't start to move the ball until we wore them down a bit. This WIU team had a very good defense and was very committed to shuting down the run and did a good job of doing it.

The tough thing is to get our boys back up for next week. This one was tough all the way around. Not only did we lose, but it was a physically demanding game that we are probably going to have a rough time healing up from. Of course the schedule doesn't get any easier as we have another big one next week.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I thought our defense played a very very good game today, minus the one huge play that from what I heard was mainly a mis-alignment by one of the safeties. Unfortunately that team was just as good as ours and they made the big plays that a team needs to win an evenly matched game.

We do need to figure out how to block a 3-4 defense. We haven't had much if any success against the 3-4. Same defense UND ran that we had no success against. Even last week we didn't start to move the ball until we wore them down a bit. This WIU team had a very good defense and was very committed to shuting down the run and did a good job of doing it.

The tough thing is to get our boys back up for next week. This one was tough all the way around. Not only did we lose, but it was a physically demanding game that we are probably going to have a rough time healing up from. Of course the schedule doesn't get any easier as we have another big one next week.
    From what I could see the D-line was getting pushed around and we couldnt tackle there running backs. To me thats not good play. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

99Bison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The defense gave up 14 points right away due to 2 big plays and was very good after that.

The offense had the ball in opponent territory twice at the beginning of the game and didn't capitalize.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    i agree, student section wasn't full... it seemed like the fans, students included weren't as loud or into it like normal... i don't know what happened... There were plenty of instances where Lardinois or some player had to get most of us jacked up and it was sad.

I don;t agree with that we lost the game, but our team was pretty terrible tonite.
    I believe the players need to focus on the game on the field and quit worrying about getting the fans off their butts. I don't ever remember the championship team's players throwing up their arms to the fans to get them involved. FOCUS ON THE GAME!!

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    I believe the players need to focus on the game on the field and quit worrying about getting the fans off their butts. I don't ever remember the championship team's players throwing up their arms to the fans to get them involved. FOCUS ON THE GAME!!
    VERY WELL said. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Devil's advocate...Maybe their fans were involved without the requests from the players...

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFB View Post
    Devil's advocate...Maybe their fans were involved without the requests from the players...
    That maybe true, but the players still need to focus on the game, rather than try to influence things that really don't matter that much. Once the ball is snapped, the crowd's yelling and screaming has no effect on the results of the play. If they need the fans to get them jacked up, then there is a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by BraxtonT; 10-12-2008 at 07:00 PM.

That maybe true, but the players still need to focus on the game, rather than tyr to influence things that really don't matter that much. Once the ball is snapped, the crowd's yelling and screaming has no effect on the results of the play. If they need the fans to get them jacked up, then there is a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
    You know Ive posted those exact words a couple of times here but for some reason many dont believe it. PL