Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: Official Gameday Thread: NDSU vs WIU 3pm kickoff

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Official Gameday Thread: NDSU vs WIU 3pm kickoff

[QUOTE=Anyways, here's how I see it.

The rest of the season:
    @UNI-Bohl shapes up the team so much, that it makes us plow over the Panthers
    @Ill St.- we take the momentum from UNI to win this game, narrowly
    vs. Ind. St.- we wil rest some starters(maybe the'yre injured) and we still win
    @Miss St.- resting our starters 2 weeks before, and having an off-week alows us to get better and eek one out in Springfield
    vs. SDSU- Big game. This could possibly decide who goes to the playoffs and who goes home.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post
    It's going to be interesting to watch the Craig Cohl football show tomorrow. I wonder if Bohl will be promoting us just as much.

Anyways, here's how I see it.

The rest of the season:
    @UNI-Bohl shapes up the team so much, that it makes us plow over the Panthers
    @Ill St.- we take the momentum from UNI to win this game, narrowly
    vs. Ind. St.- we wil rest some starters(maybe the'yre injured) and we still win
    @Miss St.- resting our starters 2 weeks before, and having an off-week alows us to get better and eek one out in Springfield
    vs. SDSU- Big game. This could possibly decide who goes to the playoffs and who goes home.
    At this point, with the way they're playing, I don't even see a winning season.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Season relies on UNI...win that game and this is a whole new team. Lose...well aim to get the Marker back since we wont be going to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bizon View Post
    I don't know if this has been said, but I'm too upset and lazy to go read through everything that's been said. I'm convinced that this was the fault of our offensive coordinator. He keeps handing it off and expecting a homerun. I'm not sure if he noticed or not, but when he actually changed up the play-calling, we moved the ball. He needs to reexamine what he is doing. You can't expect Mertens or anyone to lead a come back every week because we never have a lead. Its like he's not even giving us a chance.
    From the beginning games of the season, it seems that the game plan has changed to a more conservative approach with hopes of less ints. and more reliance upon our run game. We have had less turnovers, but other miscues by the offense has deemed this strategy as ineffective. I can't agree with you that this is the OCs fault. Execution of his calls has certainly not been as good as it needs to be. Having to deal with a comeback every week has just as much to do with the defense as it does the offense.
    Superman wears Joe Mays pajama pants.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    At this point, with the way they're playing, I don't even see a winning season.

6-5... maybe

I will repost what I posted a few weeks ago.

"Everybody is assuming that the Bison are underachieving. I would submit that it is only partially true but more so the expectations were too high and there is a huge lack of respect for the competition. Few are giving credit to the other team/s. They work just as hard and have, I believe, just as many scholarships. What makes SU so special compared to the other teams in the conference?"

I think Rick Pitno said it best, All the negativity in this town sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    I will repost what I posted a few weeks ago.

"Everybody is assuming that the Bison are underachieving. I would submit that it is only partially true but more so the expectations were too high and there is a huge lack of respect for the competition. Few are giving credit to the other team/s. They work just as hard and have, I believe, just as many scholarships. What makes SU so special compared to the other teams in the conference?"
    That is so very true. All the other teams (except maybe Indiana State) are pouring as much, if not more resources into their football programs than NDSU. I mean, did we all expect that the Valley was gonna be a conference of cupcakes?? We probably got too used to kicking around tomato cans all year. Sioux fans suffer from that superiority complex as well, and it will bite them in the ass too, just like it is for us. The issue is though, I always thought we were going to play very good teams. But I just don't think we're playing very good right now.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

If we don't get our shit together we will lose to UNI. We can't kick a field goal, our offensive line blocked like a bunch of sissies, and the list goes on.

Went to Panther Nation to see if they were tracking our game and their Ill State game thread was only one page long??