Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Field Turf in the Dome

Default Field Turf in the Dome

I know there was a thread about this earlier but i'm too lazy to look for it but, saturday night i was flipping thru some games and i happened to catch the Sac St/Northern Arizona tilt at Northern Arizona. Northern Arizona plays in a domed stadium and they have field turf and man did it look sharp. i kept watching thinking to myself, man NDSU would look sweet playing in the FargoDome on that. I wish there was some way they could work it out so they could do that there.

Default Re: Field Turf in the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    I know there was a thread about this earlier but i'm too lazy to look for it but, saturday night i was flipping thru some games and i happened to catch the Sac St/Northern Arizona tilt at Northern Arizona. Northern Arizona plays in a domed stadium and they have field turf and man did it look sharp. i kept watching thinking to myself, man NDSU would look sweet playing in the FargoDome on that. I wish there was some way they could work it out so they could do that there.
    We gotta wear the stuff we have now out first, that said I would think it will happen in 5-10 years.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We gotta wear the stuff we have now out first, that said I would think it will happen in 5-10 years.
    I say less than 5 years, just my 2 cents.

i hope so i mean the stadium in Flagstaff is a shithole, i attended a football camp there and man it was crappy, but wow did that fieldturf make it look a whole lot better.

Here is a link to the turf NAU has in their Building, Its a perfect fit for the Fargodome, its NOT field Turf pretty cool stuff, LETS GET IT DONE!!!

http://www.hellasconstruction.com/turf_softop.php
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Here is a link to the turf NAU has in their Building, Its a perfect fit for the Fargodome, its NOT field Turf pretty cool stuff, LETS GET IT DONE!!!

Man, if that stuffs works as good as it looks, I'm sold.

Edit: Looks like the Dallas Cowboys are putting this stuff into their new stadium.

http://www.topix.com/content/prweb/2...s-construction

Hmm, I could see NDSU going with something like this before the current turf wears out.

if we do get new turf it should be a darker shade of green and then we could outline the numbers in yellow.

The turf looks nice but I am more fond of the seating. I love the NAU in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

That's some nice turf. That sure would look nice in the Fargodome.

Believe me, I've played on both kinds of turf, and field turf takes the cake every single day of the week. There is nothing like it.