Thread: USC loss to OrSU is the Season Over?

Default USC loss to OrSU is the Season Over?

Doesn't this game throw some light on our game with YSU?
    No 1 USC loses at away game
    No 1 NDSU loses at away game

Neither USC or NDSU played up to their potential.

I'm not giving up on a national championship. I'm sure USC isn't either.

This loss will only make us stronger!

Default Re: USC loss to OrSU is the Season Over?

No, it's not even on the same level let alone remotely close. NDSU lost to a top 25 team, USC lost to a team who's maybe lucky to be ranked in the top 70. One loss can take away all the possibility to win a national championship for USC where as in NDSU could probably lose 4 games and still make the playoffs. NDSU controls their own destiny, USC does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
    Doesn't this game throw some light on our game with YSU?
    No 1 USC loses at away game
    No 1 NDSU loses at away game

Neither USC or NDSU played up to their potential.

I'm not giving up on a national championship. I'm sure USC isn't either.

This loss will only make us stronger!
    Very good point about this. And looking at last year...LSU lost two and won the BCS championship (FBS)...whatever....App. St. lost two...and just to the south of us...SDSU won the Gateway after losing four games earlier in the season.

Most coaches would say that a loss isn't worth anything, but if there is such a thing, the YSU game might be it. I hope that we can get a LOT healthier by next weekend so that we get to see the roster that we anticipated. App. State had a terrible problem with injuries in the first half of the 2007, lost the two games, and pulled it back together.

After watching Tyler Roehl change the entire chemistry of our offense, I am ready to watch a healthier Tyler on the field. I think that Nick Mertens has really missed his attitude/leadership on the field.

If healthy...Tyler will show us what running through a brick wall for the team is all about. The younger backs aren't ready to lead the way. They're part of the committee and show a great future, but we must have Tyler Roehl healthy if we're to make a serious run for the conference title...and the playoffs.

USC went into a common war zone for their program...a common place to underachieve. No team is invincible I guess. It seems like very few FBS programs are able to run the table anymore...especially in the major conferences.

Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Very good point about this. And looking at last year...LSU lost two and won the BCS championship (FBS)...whatever....App. St. lost two...and just to the south of us...SDSU won the Gateway after losing four games earlier in the season.

Most coaches would say that a loss isn't worth anything, but if there is such a thing, the YSU game might be it. I hope that we can get a LOT healthier by next weekend so that we get to see the roster that we anticipated. App. State had a terrible problem with injuries in the first half of the 2007, lost the two games, and pulled it back together.

After watching Tyler Roehl change the entire chemistry of our offense, I am ready to watch a healthier Tyler on the field. I think that Nick Mertens has really missed his attitude/leadership on the field.

If healthy...Tyler will show us what running through a brick wall for the team is all about. The younger backs aren't ready to lead the way. They're part of the committee and show a great future, but we must have Tyler Roehl healthy if we're to make a serious run for the conference title...and the playoffs.

USC went into a common war zone for their program...a common place to underachieve. No team is invincible I guess. It seems like very few FBS programs are able to run the table anymore...especially in the major conferences.

Good thread.
    CaBison what are you smoking......you said:
    SDSU won the Gateway after losing four games earlier in the season.
    I think you meant to say SDSU won the Great West.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    CaBison what are you smoking......you said:
    SDSU won the Gateway after losing four games earlier in the season.
    I think you meant to say SDSU won the Great West.

It seems Brother Bluto... I mean CA Bison, is on a roll !!.... SDSU won something is what i took out of it....

To make the comparison, I think the Bison would have had to lose to CCSU on the road.... I'm sure USC will be right there at the end with 1 loss.... but without playoffs, it was far more damaging to their title hopes than our loss to YSU....

I didn't watch it, but saw a review of the last play of the game. The engery must have been high. This reminds me of when Walker beat Bomar. May have the spelling wrong on Bomar.

I think USC's chances of a title are absolutely gone. No way can they come back from the Oregon State loss.....no way.