Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Record Enrollment

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Record Enrollment

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    I just thought this looked cool, so I thought I would link it.

My technical communications prof (Dr. Gronhovd or something like that, I think her name was) would have some issues with that. No starting the y-axis at 12,000 to make the change look more significant!

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    My technical communications prof (Dr. Gronhovd or something like that, I think her name was) would have some issues with that. No starting the y-axis at 12,000 to make the change look more significant!

I actually like the GF Heralds in an earlier post more (didn't think I would ever say that!) It showed the stark contrast in the enrollment for the two schools over the past several years.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is the Grand Forks Herald opinion on enrollment. The first line reads like this: Well, it’s a little disappointing to lose bragging rights.

But that’s all it is, “it” being the news that North Dakota State University has surpassed UND in official fall enrollment for the first time.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/arti...ection=Opinion

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    Here is the Grand Forks Herald opinion on enrollment. The first line reads like this: Well, it’s a little disappointing to lose bragging rights.

But that’s all it is, “it” being the news that North Dakota State University has surpassed UND in official fall enrollment for the first time.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/arti...ection=Opinion
    I like their take. Bragging rights are fun, but both schools should be focused on growing and/or improving themselves, rather than on whether the other school is doing poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Re: the 22,000 number.

I wonder what would happen if we used all those served by the Extension Service? Maybe I'll make that a stat I'll search for on some cold, boring, winter night.
    Yes, count me as one of those served. I just talked to my county extension agent about tree planting.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    I like their take. Bragging rights are fun, but both schools should be focused on growing and/or improving themselves, rather than on whether the other school is doing poorly.
    They're only saying that because they have nothing to brag about. If they did, it would remain a big focus in their marketing efforts.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone should go on und's websites and see if they removed the reference to "the largest university in the dakotas" they seem to reference repeatedly. I'd do it, but can't type out their url without retching.

Quote Originally Posted by BisBison View Post
    Someone should go on und's websites and see if they removed the reference to "the largest university in the dakotas" they seem to reference repeatedly. I'd do it, but can't type out their url without retching.
    May be they are referring to total land mass??
    PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    May be they are referring to total land mass??
    PL
    Well I doubt they'd own that distinction either, NDSU has land all over the state.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Congrats to NDSU for record enrollment!!!!!!!