Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Youngstown Game Thread Part II.

Default Re: Youngstown Game Thread Part II.

Tackling looks horrid right now. It's only 16-3 we can come back but we need to come out swinging in the second half and the mistakes have to go away!!

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Couple of things:

Those armchair QB's who think that we need to stack the box need to keep in mind how thin we are in the secondary right now. They are trying to protect Purcell.

And for the drinkers who are hashing on Mertens, let it go. Jackson would be a disaster against this team. We could just as well put one of you in to run the offense.

Where is the faith and the belief in Bison tradition and pride? Half of the posts here are negative towards coaching decisions and personnel. The boys will come back and Nick will lead them to victory. We get the ball, it will be 16-10 shortly, and then it is just a matter of time. We have more talent, but they had the momentum for most of the first half.

KEEP THE FAITH, and cheer our boys on to victory.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonips View Post
    For those of you watching the game, what adjustments need to be made on the offensive end? Are they stacking the box? Are their DBs that good? I guess I'm surprised that we aren't just beating them with smashmouth football. Defensively are we mainly missing tackles or are we getting pushed around quite a bit there?
    Need to quit getting penalties on 3rd and short. That would have helped a lot in the first half.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonips View Post
    For those of you watching the game, what adjustments need to be made on the offensive end? Are they stacking the box? Are their DBs that good? I guess I'm surprised that we aren't just beating them with smashmouth football. Defensively are we mainly missing tackles or are we getting pushed around quite a bit there?
    their o-line is completely dominating our d-line and making incredible holes. on offense our passing game is not good (until that last drive before halftime) and our running game is NOT working. Roehl will change that tho. bench DJ for the game and put in some real smash mouth backs with Roehl, Voit, and Jangula upfront

I have to take a break and eat a taco.

I have been watching online...(the video feed is terrible and i'm not very happy with the $15 i paid to watch it) They seem to have quite a few guys near the line of scrimmage and are crashing hard. I couldnt tell what allowed us to move the ball so well on the last drive (feed was awful). On defense, the line is getting too far upfield and are then getting pushed out of the play, not to mention missing tackles all over the place. The linebackers got sucked up on the TD pass with the fake handoff.

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Couple of things:

Those armchair QB's who think that we need to stack the box need to keep in mind how thin we are in the secondary right now. They are trying to protect Purcell.

And for the drinkers who are hashing on Mertens, let it go. Jackson would be a disaster against this team. We could just as well put one of you in to run the offense.

Where is the faith and the belief in Bison tradition and pride? Half of the posts here are negative towards coaching decisions and personnel. The boys will come back and Nick will lead them to victory. We get the ball, it will be 16-10 shortly, and then it is just a matter of time. We have more talent, but they had the momentum for most of the first half.

KEEP THE FAITH, and cheer our boys on to victory.
    ill believe it until i see it...its been all bad for mertens these past 2 games against actual competition. if anyone is gonna lead us back its gonna be Roehl with his tough running

lets get T-Roehl crushing this injured Def Line lets do this plz guys i don't want to start off the MVFC like this....play smart lets go!!!

For those that care-SDSU down 28-13 in the beginning of the fourth vs. UNI.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

if this keeps up we are gonna hear it from the bunnies