Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread...NDSU@WYO...Welcome to 7200 feet!

Default Game Thread...NDSU@WYO...Welcome to 7200 feet!

Let's start it off. It looks to be a great day for football here in Laramie, WY. Altitude was packed with Bison fans and we knocked back a few serious beers last night. TODAY is GAMEDAY and the Bison are knocking on the door of the Wyoming Cowboys. EVERYBODY UP FOR THE KICKOFF!

Default Re: Game Thread...NDSU@WYO...Welcome to 7200 feet!

Whats the weather supposed to do? Windy?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Whats the weather supposed to do? Windy?
    No, it is supposed to be sunny, calm and 68........and of course......a 100% chance of THUNDER!!

Hope Bison can establish the run. Sounds like the Pokes are going to try and pass the ball today....need a good pass rush.

Go BISON

WyoBison, can the Bison stop the Cowboys tailback or is it just a matter of not letting him get the big one?

I was just reading the Wyonation message boards, and boy have the attitudes changed from last spring, I personnally think this will be a very FUN game to watch (even though I can't ) Win or lose I don't see it being lopsided either way, Wyo can you keep us informed on Atmosphere from the game or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I was just reading the Wyonation message boards, and boy have the attitudes changed from last spring, I personnally think this will be a very FUN game to watch (even though I can't ) Win or lose I don't see it being lopsided either way, Wyo can you keep us informed on Atmosphere from the game or not?
    No.... I need to get a blackberry!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    No.... I need to get a blackberry!!!!
    Yes you do, i'm keeping updated on mine from a remote location, i'm sure Lakes will be doing live play by play

Quote Originally Posted by FarSouth Bison View Post
    WyoBison, can the Bison stop the Cowboys tailback or is it just a matter of not letting him get the big one?
    The real question will be the play of QB Dax Crum. He comes to WYO as a highly touted JC transfer and was supposed to light the fire for an offense that was horribly inconsistent last season. So far this year he has been a turnover king and simply painful to watch. If Crum has a chip on hish shoulder and comes out and does what he is supposedly capable of doing in the air, it will open the ground up for the backs and the Herd could be in for a long day. On the other hand if he plays like he did last week, we should win.

Another key to the game will be how Mertens handles the WYO defense and how our O line protects Mertens. WYO is not a great football team, but the defense they have here is outstanding. Mertens and our O line will be tested today and we will get a very good picture of how the Herd will do against a very good defense.

All in all this could be one hell of a football game.

After they gave us the boot at Altitude, hit the Cowboy Bar with Gully, BisonCountry, Merv and a few others. When we win Merv gets to do a body shot off the bartender there....holy man alive does she have "big eyes".

Ran into the Nebraska rugby team last night as well. They're also pulling for a Bison victory.