Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Recruits

Default 2009 Recruits

I couldn't find the old thread I'm sure it fell back a ways with all the new season excitement. Well living here not seeing any Bison games yet I have some information on possible recruits from watching some Friday night games and also some numbers that were posted in the Trib today.

Quarterback- Sean Borman, 6-2, 205 lbs., 33-48 for 778 yards and 9 TD's
    Wide Reciever- Montez Wilkerson, 6-2, 190 lbs., 11 catches for 423 yards and 6 TD's
    Running Back- Steve Johnson, 6-0, 195 lbs., 42 carries for 288 yards and 5 TD's, had a very strong junior season as well
    Defensive Back- Varmah Sonie, 5-10, 160 lbs., First game had a rushing TD, Recieving TD, and punt return TD, last game had an INT late to seal win. Lines up at RB, WR, QB, PR, KR, CB.
    Defensive Line- Cole Jirik, 6-5, 225 lbs., Online it says 20 tackles in first game of the season 2 of them being sacks! Also 3 catches on Offense for 49 yards and 1 TD.

Of course there are others but this is just a short list after two games down here.

Default Re: 2009 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by TCBisonFan View Post
    I couldn't find the old thread I'm sure it fell back a ways with all the new season excitement. Well living here not seeing any Bison games yet I have some information on possible recruits from watching some Friday night games and also some numbers that were posted in the Trib today.

Wide Reciever- Montez Wilkerson, 6-2, 190 lbs., 11 catches for 423 yards and 6 TD's
    Running Back- Steve Johnson, 6-0, 195 lbs., 42 carries for 288 yards and 5 TD's, had a very strong junior season as well
    Defensive Back- Varmah Sonie, 5-10, 160 lbs., First game had a rushing TD, Recieving TD, and punt return TD, last game had an INT late to seal win. Lines up at RB, WR, QB, PR, KR, CB.
    Defensive Line- Cole Jirik, 6-5, 225 lbs., Online it says 20 tackles in first game of the season 2 of them being sacks! Also 3 catches on Offense for 49 yards and 1 TD.

Of course there are others but this is just a short list after two games down here.
    I think Jirik has already committed to the Gophers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    I think Jirik has already committed to the Gophers.
    On rivals he has no committment and only one offer from Western Michigan. But includes interest from the 4 Dakota schools, UNI, Northern Illinois, Minnesota.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched Minot and Shanley play in Minot last Friday. There were no future Bison recruits in that game, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    I watched Minot and Shanley play in Minot last Friday. There were no future Bison recruits in that game, that's for sure.
    I think there will be few DI players in ND this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I think there will be few DI players in ND this year.
    how about the kid from wahpeton who rushed for 388 yards and 6 touchdowns
    he also runs track
    must be fast

Is this kid any good, or was it just bad defense?

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/215064

And yes, I realize it's 9-man...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by TCBisonFan View Post

TCBisonFan,
    Have you heard anything or seen R.C. Kilgore from Park High School in the cities play? SDSU just got a verbal from him last week. Sounds like he is 6'2", 215 and has been a 3 year starter at QB in high school but is projected as a LB/Safety for the Jacks. He said in an article that he loves defense, but coaches will only let him play it in lock-down type situations (I'm guessing they don't want to lose their QB).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    Looks like a pretty nice receiver!