Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dome signage

Default Dome signage

I read an article that the Alerus Center is looking to spend some money for upgrades. One of the upgrades was a sign, declaring the Alerus Center, "The Home Of The Sioux!" I wish they would do that at the Fargodome somewhere. Yes, they have the electric sign but nothing permanant.

Also in the dome, why does the turf have to say "Fargodome?" Why not a Bison head? It gives the vibe that the place is being rented instead of being "home." I noticed that places like Montana have their National Championships posted on the scoreboard on a wood sign. We have the 8 National Championship banners hung so high in the air you cannot possibly see them.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Dome signage

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Also in the dome, why does the turf have to say "Fargodome?"
    Probably because the city paid for the turf with sales tax money. And they rent the facility to other teams also.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Probably because the city paid for the turf with sales tax money. And they rent the facility to other teams also.
    Man, that "F A R G O D O M E" text covers 80 total yards and they took a 50-yard line for the logo... holy carp, they'd have to rip off the roof and use a satellite to get F A R G O D O M E into frame for a shot on TV! The real question, mes amis, "Why the overkill?"

I can't wait for the day when NDSU plays on turf that actually looks like a college university's field rather than a NASCAR hood. But the entrance and whatnot, I don't care about that so much.

Don't think for a second that they don't know exactly what their doing with that 'Home of the Sioux' sign proposal.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Agree the National Championship banners need to be bigger/more visable.

I wonder if there isn't something that they could do to incorporate them into the hangings in the corners that hide the superstructure and damped the echos. Last time I was in there they were yellow and greenish but basically generic wheat head graphics and what not.

The advantage of putting them on/near the score board is that people see them there but the video boards are corner hung so maybe that would work also.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Don't think for a second that they don't know exactly what their doing with that 'Home of the Sioux' sign proposal.
    For how long now? Two years left until they'll finally agree that they have a racist mascot? Nobody's ever accused anyone up there of spending money too wisely. Let 'em have at it.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    For how long now? Two years left until they'll finally agree that they have a racist mascot? Nobody's ever accused anyone up there of spending money too wisely. Let 'em have at it.
    Maybe they should just do a beautiful neon/electric sign "Home of The" and then the "Fighting Sioux" part can be printed on a banner or a big post it note to prepare for their name change.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Agree the National Championship banners need to be bigger/more visable.

I wonder if there isn't something that they could do to incorporate them into the hangings in the corners that hide the superstructure and damped the echos. Last time I was in there they were yellow and greenish but basically generic wheat head graphics and what not.

The advantage of putting them on/near the score board is that people see them there but the video boards are corner hung so maybe that would work also.
    All(?) the corners now have corporate sponsor banners up there... With 1 being NDSU... Perhaps the NDSU one could have the champion ship banners displayed prominently in the spot they have..??

Gabe brings up some good points regarding this signage issue. The dome feels like a commercial dome rather than a university dome, but that probably has a lot do with NDSU renting vs. owning. One option could be bringing in some props for the football season and then remove them after the season is over. The City should accomodate this free of charge to NDSU and to the fans.
    Our banners need to become visible without having to strain your eyes or neck trying to see all our Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Gabe brings up some good points regarding this signage issue. The dome feels like a commercial dome rather than a university dome, but that probably has a lot do with NDSU renting vs. owning. One option could be bringing in some props for the football season and then remove them after the season is over. The City should accomodate this free of charge to NDSU and to the fans.
    Our banners need to become visible without having to strain your eyes or neck trying to see all our Championships.
    It was much worse before. Since the lobby has been put on they've added signage in the concourses and pictures of NDSU's football history. Also, the Sunderland football complex has been added, full time NDSU locker rooms. With the banners on the sidelines and a full crowd I think it feels like a university dome, at least on gamedays anyways.