Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of 3rd Quarter Video

Default End of 3rd Quarter Video

Did anyone else think the submitted video that they played at the end of the 3rd quarter got a little long, and that it really didn't have much of a point to it?

Plus, the first play of the 4th quarter was a 4th down situation for AP, and they were going for the first down instead of punting and therefore the video didn't allow the crowd to get into it. I guess the game was in hand at that time so it doesn't matter much anymore, but I'm just wondering if this is going to be an every home game occurrance at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Quando omni flunkus moritati. "When all else fails, play dead". (Red Green) Keep you stick on the ice.

"I have always said I wouldn not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota." "My experience when I lived and worked in NORTH DAKOTA with my fellow ranchmen, on what was then the frontier, was the most important educational asset of my life." Theodore Roosevelt - America's 26th President

Default Re: End of 3rd Quarter Video

I just think they didn't have the foresight to think about how much time they were going to have. Introducing the submitters and explaining the youtube Be Herd thing and then playing the video. I have to say I was a little embarrassed that the football game was being held up by the video.

You mean this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5p4XclRbIE

Yeah, i don't think there is 3:48 worth of time between quarters.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by mhd1283 View Post
    I just think they didn't have the foresight to think about how much time they were going to have. Introducing the submitters and explaining the youtube Be Herd thing and then playing the video. I have to say I was a little embarrassed that the football game was being held up by the video.
    Bingo! That's the first thing I said. Somebody is clueless. The word embarrassed came to mind immediately.

that was the worst gametime segment I have ever seen
    embarrassing is correct

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    You mean this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5p4XclRbIE

Yeah, i don't think there is 3:48 worth of time between quarters.
    It is a great video if you watch it. Even if the segment didn't work in the dome, I think it is a good video.

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like the two highlight videos- Be Herd and Thundering Herd. They' show great footage!

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The point of that video was that it won the "be herd" for the week... Which is a good thing in and of itself.

However, when the video is too long just going to need to figure out how to show a clip and then direct people to youtube for the rest of it or something.

ya know if they could have played the whole thing it would have been really good! it was a good video and had thunderstruck at the end
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!

What the hell are they doing showing Thundar brushing his teeth???? Theyve had a whole year to come up with something and that was it???
    And WHY dont they post other schools football scores???? PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."