Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: students showing!

Default Re: students showing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    I don't see what the issue is. The students that had to purchase GA tickets are eligible for reimbursement.

sidenote: Patty Viverito, the MoValley Football Conference commissioner, stated she was really impressed with NDSU, especially the student section on WDAY tonight.
    I am watching the archived web cast and the Students KICKED A**, I don't hear them as much from my section but, dang the Yellow is impressive and the noise KEEP IT UP STUDENTS!!!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I am a student, I did go early to get a ticket, yes ppl should prolly go early to get one if they want to see the game... but students should not be turned away or have to pay for a GA ticket to see the game! This is ridiculous... the university is about guess who? the STUDENTS! They already cover an activity fee... I DONT CARE what other schools do, it just isn't right to deny a student, someone who pays tuition a seat for the game... they need to change this... if i was someone who was turned away I would be pissed, because this is something that shouldn't have happened. Just my .02 cents.

My feeling is that students should be allocated seats by a percentage of total seats. Up until this year, that percentage was 20%(3800/19000). I don't mind seeing that percentage increase to 25%, but no further and only after the students prove that they can keep up the demand. For the rest of this year and maybe next, I like the way the athletic department is handling it: A modest increase in tickets for all games(to 4000) and additional tickets if demand is high and there are GA tickets still available. If student tickets run out for all but one or two games each year, then another modest increase in the base number can be added the following year until the 25% max is reached(~4750). After that, sorry but not everyone who wants a ticket can get one; student or non-student alike. That activity fee also pays for basketball & volleyball games, wrestling matches, band, choir & orchestra concerts, theatre productions, art exihbits, movie screenings, newspapers, radio broadcasts, and hundreds of other events and activities. Missing a football game or two does not constitute the end of the world or entitle a student to a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    I am a student, I did go early to get a ticket, yes ppl should prolly go early to get one if they want to see the game... but students should not be turned away or have to pay for a GA ticket to see the game! This is ridiculous... the university is about guess who? the STUDENTS! They already cover an activity fee... I DONT CARE what other schools do, it just isn't right to deny a student, someone who pays tuition a seat for the game... they need to change this... if i was someone who was turned away I would be pissed, because this is something that shouldn't have happened. Just my .02 cents.
    I agree that the students are very important....it just wouldn't be the college football experience without them. But what if all the students tried to go to the game? Obviously that wouldn't work because the stadium is too small. I know that's not realistic but I'm must making a point that it's not an absolute that every student who wants to go will always be able to unless they're going to start taking away season tickets from people who pay for seat licenses, etc. That's not going to happen because that's a major revenue source for the athletic department. Remember that the first game always has the greatest student attendance and it drops of from there.

Anyway, this is a good problem to have, it will just encourage students to pick up their seats early and some will then buy general admission, I would think. On the general public side, it will further encourage season tickets.

I think the answer is some sort of compromise, maybe they can allocate SOME more tickets and also do more around a program to use seats where tickets are already sold but no one is attending. Not sure how that would work.

I wonder how many were actually turned away? It was a GREAT student turn out, I've never seen anything like it.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

keep in mind that it's an activity fee, not a "Football season ticket" fee. That fee gets you into every other athletic event for free. Football's in high demand and the school has to also satisfy the demand to the general public. It's not like all the student tickets were gone within 10 minutes of being released, there were still giving them away the day before. So I'll say again, if the students really want to be at the game they had more then enough time to stop by and get a ticket.

Buy a GA ticket if they weren't responsible enough to get a student ticket on their own, get reimbursed. WTF is the big deal about tlhat?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Where's our pics Bisonguy?????????!!!!!!!!!! I want to remember what I forgot!!!!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First off, as a very passionate alumni of NDSU (as most of the people who post here obviously are), I want to thank all the students who attended the game on Thursday, especially those who had to purchase tickets to get in. It always gets my adrenaline pumping to see that corner of the dome full of yellow, as it wasn't too long ago that I was sitting there myself, rowdy and full of passion and love for BISON football and for NDSU (well actually I was sitting in Dacotah Field, so I guess that was awhile ago!). Keep that passion and love strong.

What the students are starting to go through here is what happens at all schools that have success in their athletic programs. Try to get a ticket to a Duke basketball game, a Florida football game, or even a Montana football game. It isn't always that easy, especially against interesting opponents. Everybody is interested in BISON football right now, including students, so the demand for tickets goes up and unfortunately some folks get priced out. Season tickets have gone up about 100% over the past 2-3years. For the first time this year there are NO GA tickets for homecoming and SDSU (all seats are reserved, including high end zones).

So I would say to students is be the first one there to pick up your tickets. Take pride in the ticket you get, because some poor dude probably isn't going to get one for SIU or SDSU. If you have to camp out, camp out. They do it in Gainsville and Knoxville and Missoula and Boone, NC.

Students, thank you, great job, and I will see you at the game on Saturday.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

With a record freshman class coming in, there were lots of students wanting to get their first taste of Bison football also.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Getting a ticket to the game is easy. There are over 4000 available and they are available a week prior to the game. Those students who had to buy tickets either were not with the program OR were unsure if they were going to attend until the last minute. No one waited in line 3 hours to get tickets.

Also, this is no different than before there were tickets. For years there have been students who have been turned away due to a lack of seats.

The University of Minnesota charges student fees (which include athletics) but they also require a purchased ticket (in student season ticket form) to get into the games. I know that football is $70/season and men's basketball is around $100/season
    I know, I got my ticket the first day they came out. I am not talking about waiting in line to get a ticket. I am talking about waiting in line, missing out on tailgating etc, so I can wait to get into the Fargodome to get a decent seat (then having 100 people cut in line). I dont get those nice 50 yard line reserved seats.

Students have not been turned away for years. The opener last year and the opener this year were the only times, at least in the past 5 years, according to athletics.

Solution, the students should stop paying athletics the fee and just buy tickets on our own, at least we will get assigned seats.

Dont compare all sports because we all know they are not equal.

I am not advocating that 13,000 seats are saved for students. Sell the season tickets, allow students to pick up tickets until say 4 games before the game then sell the rest to the community.

Just remember the economic impact the students are having on ND and the community, its in the billions per year.