Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Job Gold Star Band!!

Default Re: Good Job Gold Star Band!!

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    IMO the band seemed to have grown since last year. Are there more members this year than last year?
    Without having an official count I would agree.

I saw the drum line practicing outside last Friday, and I thought... this is going to be good! They didn't disappoint! Hats off to the BAND!!!
    (Remember, if you chose to donate a little $ to Ndsu, you can also designate it for the band! You'll get a letter of "thanks" in the mail!)

I was also very pleased by the band. Numbers looked great; even texted a band alumni buddy of mine to let him know. Sig must have hit the recruiting trail. Just not enough marching band programs in ND to them them passively come to you.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    IMO the band seemed to have grown since last year. Are there more members this year than last year?
    The alumni newsletter said "close to 200" and hoping to pick up a few more last minute joiners.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I was also very pleased by the band. Numbers looked great; even texted a band alumni buddy of mine to let him know. Sig must have hit the recruiting trail. Just not enough marching band programs in ND to them them passively come to you.
    Should be easy to recuit. Come join he band, play to a packed house 9 times a year, take a title trip to Frisco every year!! I was in the band in 97, 98. Great experience, but not as fun as they are having now days. Band looked and sounded great!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Should be easy to recuit. Come join he band, play to a packed house 9 times a year, take a title trip to Frisco every year!! I was in the band in 97, 98. Great experience, but not as fun as they are having now days. Band looked and sounded great!
    What section were you in? We were there at the same time. (or have we had this conversation before?)

Started glide step with my band today. We'll hit the football field tomorrow. Want to do a basic field show next year for at least one game. It will be the first time for my school in many, many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    What section were you in? We were there at the same time. (or have we had this conversation before?)

Started glide step with my band today. We'll hit the football field tomorrow. Want to do a basic field show next year for at least one game. It will be the first time for my school in many, many years.
    Best section in the band...saxaphone.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Best section in the band...saxaphone.
    Then we definitely knew each other. I was one of the tenors in 97 and a DM in 98. Though I'll be honest and say that almost 20 years has dulled my memories quite a bit. I remember the saxophone music majors from that time pretty well(since we spent so much time together), but the non-majors(which I assume you were) all sort of blend together.

My youngest says the best part of games is halftime to watch the band.

Current or recent GSMB members: Who arranged your version of Wayward Son? I'm only seeing the one by Michael Sweeney online, but it doesn't sound like the one you're doing. Hoping to find a better one than Sweeney's. Wish Tom Wallace had one.

Also, tell Sig or your leaders to look into Runaway Baby by Wallace. One of the best MB arrangements in years.