Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Job Gold Star Band!!

Default Re: Good Job Gold Star Band!!

Loved them, glad to hear the them mic'ed up!!!!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Outstanding job. Was very impressed. The fans liked it to.
    Now ya gotta work on getting those lines straightened out. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The lines weren't straight? I wonder why I didn't notice?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The lines weren't straight? I wonder why I didn't notice?
    you and the other 5000 tailgaters

Good job band! I thought the band was much improved...although I didn't get to see as much as I'd have like due to long lines for bathroooms/concessions. I guess I'll put up with the long lines gladly if it means we have sellouts.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Now ya gotta work on getting those lines straightened out. PL
    *while learning drill*

"Ok, now the trumpets are going make a curve."
    "...You mean a GSMB straight line?"

Along those lines (sorry, bad pun) for those of you that saw it, what did ya'll think about the new way the band gets onto the field for pre game. I'm not sure what to think about it. Part of me thinks there was nothing wrong with the old way. The other part of me thinks that this is a new era - an era of change. Thoughts?

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TbonZach View Post
    I'm not sure what to think about it. Part of me thinks there was nothing wrong with the old way. The other part of me thinks that this is a new era - an era of change. Thoughts?
    I thought the way the band ran out on the field was good, I like the drum majors bending over backward. However I'd kinda like to see the band run out of the tunnels on to the field. Have the drum line march out to the 10-20 yard line then have the rest of the band march out of the bison helmet or maybe have the band march half out of the helmet and the other of the other side(the north west corner) I know thats kinda how Minnesota does it but I kinda like how they run out of the field. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEpbSZF9-E4 Kind of like this video, but have half the band run out of one corner tunnel and the other half on the other corner tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by TbonZach View Post
    *while learning drill*

"Ok, now the trumpets are going make a curve."
    "...You mean a GSMB straight line?"

Along those lines (sorry, bad pun) for those of you that saw it, what did ya'll think about the new way the band gets onto the field for pre game. I'm not sure what to think about it. Part of me thinks there was nothing wrong with the old way. The other part of me thinks that this is a new era - an era of change. Thoughts?
    It was fine with me. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    I gotta say the band was 120% better than last year!!! The new Unis look great, blinking lights were awesome. 160 members strong. And the best looking drums that I've ever seen. Are the tubas new? if not they looked new to me. Good job GSB I could tell that your still practicing and working out the kinks(flag girls) but once everone gets their practice in it can only get better. Oh are they piping the music over the PA system? I think I'll be up loading some new band videos to youtube soon.
    LOVED IT! Being miked was great. Love the new drums. Would still like a little more volume.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IMO the band seemed to have grown since last year. Are there more members this year than last year?