Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Job Gold Star Band!!

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Good Job Gold Star Band!!

I gotta say the band was 120% better than last year!!! The new Unis look great, blinking lights were awesome. 160 members strong. And the best looking drums that I've ever seen. Are the tubas new? if not they looked new to me. Good job GSB I could tell that your still practicing and working out the kinks(flag girls) but once everone gets their practice in it can only get better. Oh are they piping the music over the PA system? I think I'll be up loading some new band videos to youtube soon.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Good Job Gold Star Band!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    I gotta say the band was 120% better than last year!!! The new Unis look great, blinking lights were awesome. 160 members strong. And the best looking drums that I've ever seen. Are the tubas new? if not they looked new to me. Good job GSB I could tell that your still practicing and working out the kinks(flag girls) but once everone gets their practice in it can only get better. Oh are they piping the music over the PA system? I think I'll be up loading some new band videos to youtube soon.
    The tubas were new a few (4ish?) years ago...courtesy of the Dr. Chapman's funds, I think. I believe they were also piping the music. At least that's what people said would be done. I was listening online and thought it was great to hear the band in the background!

Blinking lights? Where are the blinking lights?

Let us know if you upload band videos, I can't wait to see!

I read on Kolpacks Blog that they were piping in music over the PA must of been just right because it was louder but to ramming it into your head loud.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    I gotta say the band was 120% better than last year!!! The new Unis look great, blinking lights were awesome. And the best looking drums that I've ever seen. Good job GSB I could tell that your still practicing and working out the kinks(flag girls) but once everone gets their practice in it can only get better. Oh are they piping the music over the PA system?
    Thanks. This was a marked improvement for the first game from years past. There are definitely some kinks to be worked out (like me not knowing drill for the closer because I was gone the day the band learned it ), but it still rocked.

Yep. The band was mic'ed tonight. I was marching/playing around the Dome with a few other drum line members and I over heard it over near the north endzone. "Wow! You can actually hear the band!"

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Blinking lights? Where are the blinking lights?
    As for the blinking lights they were worn on the uniforms and used for pre game. Personally I think they were tacky and had no other purpose other than blinking... but who am I to say?

I about lost it when the band played "I kissed a girl".....I never thought I'd hear that at the game.

Great job Gold Star+++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Awesome job band!!!!!
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

The band did a great job. Looked good. Having them pumped through the sound system really made for a better atmosphere. I personally liked the blinking lights. It is different but it is a way to take advantage of the dome and being able to turn the lights off or down.

Good job!!!!!!!

the blinking lights are good for the pre game show when the lights are turned off. it helps to see you guys better from the stands.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Loved it all!!! They do need to do some work on the PA system though, when the band plays in the stands there's an echo, 1st game snafu though, I'm sure that can be fixed.