Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Football vs. hunting

Default Re: Football vs. hunting

I bring a radio into the woods with me, and listen to the game in my deer stand. I listen with one ear, hunt with the other. And sometimes I text game updates to my husband. I record the game and watch it when deer season is over.

I will never forget Phil Hanson's comments about Zach Vraa's spectacular over-the-head catch. Phil said something like "I'm the color guy, and I just don't have anything to say about that!" I had no idea what he was talking about - but I could hardly wait to get home to find out!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

schedule this year works awesome for me, all my scheduled hunting weekends hit the bye week and away games! I managed to do both...lol

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally for me, I'd rather be in the field as I can record the game and watch it later. Being a Die-hard hunter and Die-hard bison fan, this is the best of both worlds for me.[/QUOTE]

I love hunting in the morning and watching Bison football in the afternoon and evening. Getting harder to do with four kids, but my wife is a saint. All time great Saturday is waterfowl hunting with friends and watching a Bison victory in the afternoon.

I can still remember which tree claim near Westhope I was at was as a teenage when we lost to Augustana in the late 80's listening on the radio.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Read this old post and will respond. If you are hunting right next to the dome I would give up 3 hours for the game. Kind of difficult when people live off in the hinterlands of ND, SD , MN to do that. You just cant squeeze it in.
    This maybe the dictionary definition of having to get in the last word...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Gawd I hate the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    I bring a radio into the woods with me, and listen to the game in my deer stand. I listen with one ear, hunt with the other. And sometimes I text game updates to my husband. I record the game and watch it when deer season is over.

I will never forget Phil Hanson's comments about Zach Vraa's spectacular over-the-head catch. Phil said something like "I'm the color guy, and I just don't have anything to say about that!" I had no idea what he was talking about - but I could hardly wait to get home to find out!
    Yep radio with ear buds work great. But if I turn the wrong way I lose reception. But Im just happy to get the broadcast over by Clearbrook MN.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Gawd I hate the off season.
    Lol.....yup